Illeagal Clampers

I had a look on Insider, but I couldn’t see it or PM the Insider Editor to ask him (as it’s disabled)

landrovernet.com/forum/showt … adid=28335

Ref: Unless the people that clamp you have a licence, they’re acting outside the law and thus illegally. You can call the police to get the clamp removed…

Or have I missed it on Insider?! :blush: :blush: :blush:

Very interesting bit of info…

How is this going to be enforced?
Who is going to enforce it?

The new law says, a vehicle cannot be clamped if the company do not have a licence.

This wont stop the cowboy clampers demanding money with menaces, as they are probably running their business with a legal mr big,

Its a drug dealer scam, to raise money for drug using scum

Wheel Nut:
How is this going to be enforced?
Who is going to enforce it?

Well Mal, with that bit of info in the back of my mind, if I ever do get clamped and they turn up to release me of the clamp and money i’ll be wanting to see their certificate. If they don’t have one or it’s a dodgy looking photocopy, then the police will be called and they’ll deal with it.

I hope. :confused:

Its a complicated one almost. If you get clamped on a MSA on a sunday night and you call the police, guess who will [zb] off before the police turn up ;(

smeserver:
Its a complicated one almost. If you get clamped on a MSA on a sunday night and you call the police, guess who will [zb] off before the police turn up ;(

and when they do [zb] off, will they remove the clamp before they leave? You will still be clamped, and I reckon the coppers will not be interested! they might give you a crime reference number and a parking tiicket

smeserver:

as i don’t park on msa’s,please forgive my ignorance here.i’m under the impression that you pay for the pleasure( if any :laughing: :laughing: ) to park on these msa’s.so if you have paid how the hell can these clamper’s come round at night and clamp your truck/car whatever your driving and get away with it :question:

…because KitKat, a ‘large percentage’ of the clampers & clamping firms are con-artisits etc who will clamp you, often if you haven’t even broken the ‘parking rules’.

It is only now that it is coming to light that they (clampers) should hold a licence to operate.

A blatant ‘no ticket’ might be a cut & dried case but there are many instances where the clampers are in hiding and pounce the minute your back is turned, not when your ticket has expired. :angry:

i know that marcus,but my point is.if you are in msa’s parking area’s and you are fully paid up and you get clamped,surely the msa owner’s know off these firm’s operating within their msa’s :question:.and surely they would take measure’s to prevent this happening again. :question: .

it’s interesting to note that this legislation only refers to companies working on private land.

My first question would be could a landowner himself clamp you without the need for a licence?

ie a bit of land near a shopping area clearly marked “private no parking” but muppet parks there anyway.Landowner not private company then clamps vehicle

My next question would be are msa’s private land as they were built with public money & the public have a right to access to the land & the land is only leased to the msa’s so they are not the landowners?

smeserver:

i did a thread on this a few weeks back on leicester forest north. i stopped there for a power nap at 2.30am sun night mon morning and the clamper was there and he clamped every lorry that was asleep.
was there no one to take the money or had every driver decided not to pay■■?

jessicas dad:

smeserver:

i did a thread on this a few weeks back on leicester forest north. i stopped there for a power nap at 2.30am sun night mon morning and the clamper was there and he clamped every lorry that was asleep.
was there no one to take the money or had every driver decided not to pay■■?

I stopped in Leicester Forest south about 2 or 3 weeks ago at 1am on Monday morning. There was nobody taking money or anyone present in the hut. My view is if they are too tight to employ a full time security person to collect the money, then they can whistle for it. I only got a £60 ticket though, which was duly destroyed. :laughing:

ive been thinking of an excellent job and cash in hand:

park in my car at the services watch everybody getting clamped then when they get up to find themselves clamped charge them a tenner and cut of the clamp with bolt croppers.

ive got an idea for a job to.
park in the services,and walk round wearing a hi viz and collect the parking money.
then drive off as fast as you can :wink:
fancy a partnership.

or what about buying your own clamp? slip it on (oo er mrs :laughing: ) while no-ones looking and they wont put another one on… will they? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I still say a good pair of bolt croppers for the chain and first gear should be sufficient! :open_mouth: :unamused: :wink:

Hmm, now this a good reason not to park in MSAs. I don’t have a sleeper cab so I won’t be having my “daily rest” there. I do however stop for naps :slight_smile: Laybys are good enough for that methinks…

i think the law says that any clamping company must have a licence and it’s operatives must have the appropriate training (this also applies to security firms that operate door security too).
as for the clamping company and the landowner, they will both be held accountable, it is the landowners responsibility to ensure that any clamping company employed by them to patrol and control parking on their premises has the relevant licence to do so.
it might be an idea to download a copy of the legislation and carry it with you at all times, just in case.