I'll tell the jokes

Only got a 13 hour left tomorrow and have to take my 45 hour break as well as paying back a few hours after working the last two Saturdays, also on 78 driving hours for the fortnight.

Anyway, gets my job from the office, going from Newport, upto Purfleet to drop off, over to Dagenham to pick an empty tank up. Down to Fawley (Southampton) to load before going back up and taking loaded tank to Harwich! What makes it even better is that M4 j22-j19 is closed until 0600 so would have a nice diversion added in. They reckoned I could do this in a 13 as well as going from Harwich back to my yard in Belvedere.

After telling them that it is near enough impossible to do that they do a last minute change of plan, now they want me to go from Barry, load in Fawley at 0800 and then upto Harwich to drop off before going back to Belvedere.

No chance!!!

Phone you Dentist for an Emergency-Appointment

Immigrant:

Random statement of the month…

dont know what you load at fawley but we tip boric acid there, actual tip takes 30 minutes the orther 90 minutes is faffing around or waiting for operators, never been in there for less than 2 hours

Immigrant:

Strange enough I do have an actual dentists appointment for tomorrow!!!

wirralpete:
dont know what you load at fawley but we tip boric acid there, actual tip takes 30 minutes the orther 90 minutes is faffing around or waiting for operators, never been in there for less than 2 hours

Was on site in the end from 0745 until 1225. Still not got anything sorted so at the moment I am waiting in Thurrock services for them to arrange a trl swap, if not I will be hopping back over the bridge to my yard for taking my 45 hour rest.

Gave them plenty of notice about hours and having to take a full rest after having to take reduced breaks for the last two weekends so I have done as much as I can and got as far as I reasonably can today!

andi_cardiff:
…having to take a full rest after having to take reduced breaks for the last two weekends so I have done as much as I can and got as far as I reasonably can today!

ER, how does that work?

mucker85:

andi_cardiff:
…having to take a full rest after having to take reduced breaks for the last two weekends so I have done as much as I can and got as far as I reasonably can today!

ER, how does that work?

Was a bit of a balls up on both mine and their part I guess that one, ran in on the last two Saturdays and I wrongly thought I could reduce the two as long as I made up all hours by the end of the third working week. However, the office also should of known the correct answer and not given me the job at the allocated start time on Monday.

So are you having 87 hours off to compensate for their mistake? (don’t tell them you knew about it) they might give you a paid day off if they think they will get done for making you over-work.

Worth a try. :smiley:

mucker85:
So are you having 87 hours off to compensate for their mistake? (don’t tell them you knew about it) they might give you a paid day off if they think they will get done for making you over-work.

Worth a try. :smiley:

Just checking again on the VOSA online ‘booklet’, I believe I only have to take the full 45 plus whatever I need to pay back? Bit confused as that 87 hours part has just thrown me!!! :laughing: