ignorance

driving along the M4 today 14 6 13 between junctions 14 and 15 about 16 30 when a white daf 95 came past pulling a flatbed with a red container and half a load roped and sheeted heading towards wales,my vehicle can only do 52 on the limiter so he left me standing but as he went past i flashed him in and kept my headlights on until he indicated and pulled in,the result was nothing, no acknowledgement at all he would have had to check his nearside mirror to see if he was clear so he would have seen my headlights,so all i can say to that is if you are the driver and you use this website you are a very ignorant person with obviously no manners mr daf 95 registration number its because of drivers like you that the old traditions are dying out, manners cost nothing,other drivers might see this as petty but i hate ignorance of any kind,particularly when its a fellow hgv driver

Unfortunately you have to take it on the chin happens to me daily and if this is the first time it’s happened to you you’ve been lucky, thankfully there’s more like us then there is like him.

It’s not the end of the world, I flash all large vehicles in when being overtaken and if they don’t respond at least I can say I have done my bit in a professional manner. It’s the ones who a are too clever to wait and practically touch your windscreen wipers when coming in too early that annoy the (zb) out of me.

It annoys me more when I’ve I’ve been waiting for a cubicle in the bathroom and someone jumps into one as soon as the door opens. :imp:

What you’ve described happens daily.

Dont under stand taking the time and effort to moan about such trivia.
The drivers attention may have been drawn to something, is a possible explanation.

To post a description and his reg over this is in my opinion petty.

Have you actually considered he may have just forgot, I know I do sometimes… :unamused:

truckman20:
driving along the M4 today 14 6 13 between junctions 14 and 15 about 16 30 when a white daf 95 came past pulling a flatbed with a red container and half a load roped and sheeted heading towards wales,my vehicle can only do 52 on the limiter so he left me standing but as he went past i flashed him in and kept my headlights on until he indicated and pulled in,the result was nothing, no acknowledgement at all he would have had to check his nearside mirror to see if he was clear so he would have seen my headlights,so all i can say to that is if you are the driver and you use this website you are a very ignorant person with obviously no manners mr daf 95 registration number ,its because of drivers like you that the old traditions are dying out, manners cost nothing,other drivers might see this as petty but i hate ignorance of any kind,particularly when its a fellow hgv driver

Right right right.

He may of been on the phone whilst eating a kebab & blowing his nose & knocking one off to razzle. I wouldn’t hang on the beams, one flash, if he don’t see it or don’t want it then c’est la vie. :stuck_out_tongue:

mr lordi:
It’s not the end of the world, I flash all large vehicles in when being overtaken and if they don’t respond at least I can say I have done my bit in a professional manner. It’s the ones who a are too clever to wait and practically touch your windscreen wipers when coming in too early that annoy the (zb) out of me.

+1

I always thank people when they flash me back in but if im at the good bit in my film I sometimes forget.

Saaamon:
I always thank people when they flash me back in but if im at the good bit in my film I sometimes forget.

the old laptop one the dash :laughing:

maga:
It annoys me more when I’ve I’ve been waiting for a cubicle in the bathroom and someone jumps into one as soon as the door opens. :imp:

What you’ve described happens daily.

agreed, same kind of ignorance

Karl86:
Unfortunately you have to take it on the chin happens to me daily and if this is the first time it’s happened to you you’ve been lucky, thankfully there’s more like us then there is like him.

so true

bazstan009:
Dont under stand taking the time and effort to moan about such trivia.
The drivers attention may have been drawn to something, is a possible explanation.

To post a description and his reg over this is in my opinion petty.

you are entitled to your opinion

truckman20:
driving along the M4 today 14 6 13 between junctions 14 and 15 about 16 30 when a white daf 95 came past pulling a flatbed with a red container and half a load roped and sheeted heading towards wales,my vehicle can only do 52 on the limiter so he left me standing but as he went past i flashed him in and kept my headlights on until he indicated and pulled in,the result was nothing, no acknowledgement at all he would have had to check his nearside mirror to see if he was clear so he would have seen my headlights,so all i can say to that is if you are the driver and you use this website you are a very ignorant person with obviously no manners mr daf 95 registration number its because of drivers like you that the old traditions are dying out, manners cost nothing,other drivers might see this as petty but i hate ignorance of any kind,particularly when its a fellow hgv driver

And in other non news…

did you really take time out to moan like this over nothing ?jeez get a life ,yesterday in asda an oap breezed past me after i had given way to her choccy laden trolley ,and do you know what !she didnt even look at me let alone thank me

Can I just remind you all of the part of the forum rules that say :-

Posting of Registration Numbers on these Forums.

After the subject was raised by the membership and a vote had been run, the results were as follows:-

57% wished the posting of individual registration numbers other than their own to be banned.
35% did not wish them to be banned.
7% were not bothered either way.
A total of 190 votes were cast.

Therefore, the outcome of this poll means that:

As of this notice, the posting of individual registration numbers for the purpose of identifying or naming and shaming the driver of any given vehicle is banned from these Forums.

Postings made before this notice will be left alone, but any numbers posted after this will be removed. Repeat offences will be dealt with under the usual rule structure.

This ban does NOT cover discussions about cherished plates, searches for particular vehicles by former owners, or the posting of you own registration for whatever reason. It’s the naming and shaming thing we’re aiming to stop.

I never flash in vehicles who fly past me its pointless as they are well past you in a second.

Cronus:
I never flash in vehicles who fly past me its pointless as they are well past you in a second.

Quite right why bother it was over in a second ,why moan ,why post even.

truckman20:
i flashed him in and kept my headlights on until he indicated and pulled in

truckman20:
all he would have had to check his nearside mirror to see if he was clear so he would have seen my headlights

No offence, but you may wish to alter your “flashing in procedure”,

Wait till passing driver checks his nearside mirror, then give a “flash” or “double flash”.

Keeping headlights on means something else :slight_smile: