ignorance

Living in swindon I listen to sam fm,Carl Hughes said that if driverless lorries are introduced on motorways he would not use them,he said he would not like to pass lorries doing 70 mph,why are the general public so ignorant,don’t they know the speed limits for hgvs are officially 60 mph, 56 mph under these EU rules

Ignore the part after ignorance on the topic,screwed that up

Tv presenter Nick Knowles once did a piece to camera stood on a footbridge of a motorway saying trucks thundering past at over 70 mph.
Local papers love to write their favorite buzzword of a roque driver going through weight limits or how dare he take a short cut.
To make it more dramatic, the editor will add menacing monster juggernaut mounts pavement narrowly missing and killing Mrs Smiths Cockapoopoodle .
But fail to mention double parked cars or the school run drop off cars blocking the roads.
Make kids walk or cylce, then they don’t get fat .
Councils have no clue about transport and enjoy banning overnight parking or shutting laybs.
Wetherby industrial estate is now a truck ban overnight, the social club was a great venue for drivers, good beer, hot meals for £4, so they have lost revenue .
In Europe, drivers are treated with respect, free parking, the UK is £30 for a urine soaked piece of tarmac and kids food for the meal voucher.
And why pay per 24 hours when all you need is a 9 or 11 off, at least ■■■■ Turpin wore a mask for highway robbery .

A huge proportion of car drivers have no concept of the national speed limits for their own vehicles never mind different classes. In fact I reckon that a lot would be surprised if they were told that different vehicles have different speed limits!

Btw, you can edit your title the same way you’d edit a post. :wink:

very few van drivers realise their speed limits differ from cars, in fact many (non traffic) police officers know this one. In fact I will hazard a guess that there will be some reading this that do not know what the speed limit is for (lets say a transit size) van on a single NSL carriageway road

Bluey Circles:
very few van drivers realise their speed limits differ from cars, in fact many (non traffic) police officers know this one. In fact I will hazard a guess that there will be some reading this that do not know what the speed limit is for (lets say a transit size) van on a single NSL carriageway road

Yes, I think that many people think that, because you can drive it on a car licence, it has the same speed limit as a car.

That said, my Transit doesn’t like going much over 50 mph anyway (low ratio diff), so I generally stick to 50 mph even on motorways, let alone single carriageways.