If you've ever wondered why

Stopped at Hopwood Park services for a break this afternoon. I drove straight into a bay at the bottom end and I have to say that the state of the place is disgusting.

All along the banking, it looks as if an 8 foot wide 'dozer has been playing nice. Obviously foreigners and agency drivers don’t know how long their trailers are :unamused: . In front of me was a lamp post bent to buggery by one of the aforementioned, and in front of that were two steel post embedded in a lump of concrete that had suffered the same fate, placed there to stop the lamp post being damaged.

The banking was strewn with pallets, assorted dunnage, cardboard, plastic wrap, and the usual assorted detritus that people find it acceptable to dispose of. And the usual crowning glory, yes you’ve guessed it, the smell of stale p1ss.

As per the title, ever wondered why you don’t get decent facilities?

threewheelsonmywagon:
Obviously foreigners and agency drivers don’t know how long their trailers are :unamused: . In front of me was a lamp post bent to buggery by one of the aforementioned,

You personally witnessed this and have photos then obviously! If not how have you come to this assumption?

I like doing shifts. I don’t have to spend time in these places.

dri-diddly-iver:

threewheelsonmywagon:
Obviously foreigners and agency drivers don’t know how long their trailers are :unamused: . In front of me was a lamp post bent to buggery by one of the aforementioned,

You personally witnessed this and have photos then obviously! If not how have you come to this assumption?

Because they’re the worst drivers. Obviously. :laughing:

Some of these service areas are used by plod and DVSA for vehicle checks.
It’s thus advisable to make the place scruffy and smell a bit ■■■■■■ :laughing:

(Post proof - read and checked for spelling and punctuation).

axletramp:
(Post proof - read and checked for spelling and punctuation).

Well done 10/10 if only more attempted the same :wink:

You don’t get facilities because the UK is an overcrowded ants nest where land value always means that something as utterly useless as somewhere for trucks to stop will never happen because there is no or very little profit in providing a truck stop compared to what the land could otherwise be used for.
In North America all of the very same negatives happen in truck stops and despite having toilet facilities that make absolutely everything in the UK look like a hole in the ground, dirty animals will still ■■■■ on the tarmac, or worse. But truck stops make more financial sense there for a variety of reasons, so not only are they plentiful in most areas, the parking is almost always free and more and more are opening all the time.

Like this one?

New Brunswick - Canada Formerly North Lincolnshire - England

You left so enjoy and leave us alone :imp:

dri-diddly-iver:

No thanks, I’ve been happily posting on this site for 10 years and will not stop on your say so.

:smiley:

robinhood_1984:

dri-diddly-iver:

No thanks, I’ve been happily posting on this site for 10 years and will not stop on your say so.

Touche :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve been on since 2002 but name change and forum mixup caused my ‘joined’ date to be obscure :laughing:

dri-diddly-iver:
I’ve been on since 2002 but name change and forum mixup caused my ‘joined’ date to be obscure :laughing:

Stay there and dont tell the tax man :bulb: :laughing:

threewheelsonmywagon:
. Obviously foreigners and agency drivers don’t know how long their trailers are :unamused: . In front of me was a lamp post bent to buggery by one of the aforementioned,

The usual generalized, stereotypical, ill informed ignorant ■■■■■■■■ :unamused:

dri-diddly-iver:

He’s maybe left, but at least he is one of the very few that tends to talk sense on here :bulb:

threewheelsonmywagon:
Stopped at Hopwood Park services for a break this afternoon. I drove straight into a bay at the bottom end and I have to say that the state of the place is disgusting.

complain to the management then…

threewheelsonmywagon:
All along the banking, it looks as if an 8 foot wide 'dozer has been playing nice. Obviously foreigners and agency drivers don’t know how long their trailers are :unamused: . In front of me was a lamp post bent to buggery by one of the aforementioned, and in front of that were two steel post embedded in a lump of concrete that had suffered the same fate, placed there to stop the lamp post being damaged.

And you can prove this?? i’m an agency driver and have NEVER run over a banking/lamppost/concrete block on a services… Also I would have thought most if not all employed foreign drivers would take the same care over their rigs as british drivers do, so therefore no bashing the posts/banking… based on what i’ve seen, its the dont give a flying [[zb]attitude trunkers that work for the big boy british firms that do the damage!

threewheelsonmywagon:
The banking was strewn with pallets, assorted dunnage, cardboard, plastic wrap, and the usual assorted detritus that people find it acceptable to dispose of. And the usual crowning glory, yes you’ve guessed it, the smell of stale p1ss.

Read above, why waste going home time disposing of the crap on the yard, when you can do it on break on the services so you get home 15 mins earlier! as for the ■■■■ smell… well… thats just laziness!!

threewheelsonmywagon:
As per the title, ever wondered why you don’t get decent facilities?

yep, cos british drivers accept living in [zb] as part of the job… nothing will change until that attitude changes :slight_smile:

B…

It has to be to foreigners and agency staff, it couldn’t anybody else cause there is nobody else driving lorries :slight_smile: I blame Maggy and Zippy for the Ebola virus, tony Blair for wasps victory over bath and the monkey from the tea advert for my slow internet.

threewheelsonmywagon:
yes you’ve guessed it, the smell of stale p1ss.?

I used to ■■■■ in the ad-blu tank, never caused any problems:grin:

this site gives me endless laughs at how just because you work in a firm as an ‘employed’ driver you somehow automatically gain the right to assume you are a better driver than said ‘agency’.

personally i think its just biterness at being stuck in some dead end job you hate but due to lack of skill wont try to move incase you get ‘found out’. :open_mouth: