If your digi tacho card stops working

Just thinking ahead here really, the other day I put my card in the tacho and it seemed to struggle to read it and after a wipe and a few ejects and inserts it eventually did. Could well have been a one off but I’m just wondering if the situation came about that my card couldn’t be read for some reason, do I do a printout there and then without my card in and just fill duties etc. on the back with a pen as I go along, or do I leave that till end of day?

I would obviously look to get a new card if it happened more than once. Cheers

Do 2 printouts at the time sign the back and explain.
Then continue to use the tacho unit as per normal changing modes etc. At the end of shift do a Further 2 printouts and sign licence no etc as you did for the 1st starting printouts. Keep 1 set for your records and hand the other to the office

nick2008:
Do 2 printouts at the time sign the back and explain.
Then continue to use the tacho unit as per normal changing modes etc. At the end of shift do a Further 2 printouts and sign licence no etc as you did for the 1st starting printouts. Keep 1 set for your records and hand the other to the office

Just to add by doing this there’s no need to black line the printout

Thanks mate. At the start of the shift and I select print out, do I leave it on the 24hr option and press ok? and the same at the end of my shift, cheers.

andy_s:
Thanks mate. At the start of the shift and I select print out, do I leave it on the 24hr option and press ok? and the same at the end of my shift, cheers.

Yes it’ll show the date i.e. 5/3/2017 ok
Then 24hrs ok
Print
The the same for finish of shift
The only time you show a different date woul be going past midnight

Cheers mate