If you were a transport manager

If you were a transport manager and saw one of your drivers drinking a can of shandy whilst working, would you think anything of it?

:question:

Rob K:
If you were a transport manager and saw one of your drivers drinking a can of shandy whilst working, would you think anything of it?

One of my drivers…Nowt, as i would know him and its not alcoholic enough to dent the breathalyser…But in todays world of big companies and Agency drivers and H&S perhaps I would have a friendly chat. It all depends if you know him and how long he has worked etc etc. lets face it some contracts ban ANY alcohol, but does tin shandy have real beer in it ?
Tread carefully or I can see a victimisation claim!

Rob K:
would you think anything of it?

No I wouldn’t, I’d get on with my own job & let him/her get on with theirs…!

Wouldn’t bat an eye lid if it was a southerner :wink:

I think shandy has 0.05% alcohol in. Kids can legally buy it but a teetotal person wouldn’t drink it. You would have to drink quite a bit to fail breath test, a tm would have to go by company policy. I personally wouldn’t be bothered.

in my last managerial post, I’d have to think was the driver trying to cover a drink problem up by drinking shandy. Company policy would have him out of th door on suspension pending enquiries

I would have a word with the driver telling him to stop drinking it. Not because I feel it is dangerous but company image and the shandy could be mistaken for beer by a customer.

I would be more worried by the driver who can not go through the day without 8 cans of Redbull or Relentless. May as well let them take speed :smiley:

You would have to drink about 30 cans of shandy bass one after the other to fail a breath test

I agree, but that company policy

Driver-Once-More:
I agree, but that company policy

Just because it says Shandy ON the can,doesnt mean its Shandy IN the can,it may contain Whiskey,Gin or even water!

David :unamused: :unamused:

Rob K:

Yes. I’d be thinking I’d quite fancy a cool tall glass of Shandy Bass myself. And you’ve made me want one now so I’ll have to go buy some. Git.

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

What about the Manager or Director who has a “company lunch”?

Conor:

Rob K:

Yes. I’d be thinking I’d quite fancy a cool tall glass of Shandy Bass myself. And you’ve made me want one now so I’ll have to go buy some. Git.

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

So funny had a little laugh at that x

Driver-Once-More:
in my last managerial post, I’d have to think was the driver trying to cover a drink problem up by drinking shandy. Company policy would have him out of th door on suspension pending enquiries

:unamused: Suspended for drinking shandy…

“I’m suspending you (unpaid obviously) as you were seen drinking from a can of shandy”

Your company would be a laughing stock. And people wonder why GB is going down the pan. Most cans of shandy don’t really look like beer cans that much anyway.

Edit: and given how little beer is in a shandy why would you drink it in lieu of a proper drink anyway. I can’t remember the last time I saw an alchy with a shandy anyway.

I am going off on one yes, but what you’ve written seems farcical. :confused:

Driver-Once-More:

Id guess if someone was going to drink at work they would use a coke can or a water bottle with vodka in it.

Well I admit after hand balling a load of kegs and crates I was glad of a shandy from a pub landlord.I would not drink and drive ,but a pint of shandy is very refreshing.

bazza123:

Driver-Once-More:

:unamused: Suspended for drinking shandy…

“I’m suspending you (unpaid obviously) as you were seen drinking from a can of shandy”

Your company would be a laughing stock. And people wonder why GB is going down the pan. Most cans of shandy don’t really look like beer cans that much anyway.

Edit: and given how little beer is in a shandy why would you drink it in lieu of a proper drink anyway. I can’t remember the last time I saw an alchy with a shandy anyway.

I am going off on one yes, but what you’ve written seems farcical. :confused:

Good job he wasnt eating a rum n rasin ice cream too. There would be a swat team on the way

I better wtch what i’m doing with my wine gums after readtin this

I will take heed of this , and in future will plan my route to avoid driving past breweries, one may get aroma wafting into the cab, and we would not want to upset the transport manager would we. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

A few good replies above!! So Rob, do you have an ulterior motive for the question? Was it you drinking one?? :laughing: