If you got stopped by vosa with this

What it should look like

PG9 id assume? A fine for the driver?

The only reason i ask is because this is happening quite often, we have standing trailers at a 3rd party site. They like to rip mudguards off in their spare time. This site is 70 miles away from the garage we use - so the call out charge would be high id suspect.

So if you where stopped by vosa but you where actually taking it to the garage would that make any difference?

Where does a driver stand on this? Just refuse to take it on the grounds it is a PG9 defect?

merc0447:
Where does a driver stand on this? Just refuse to take it on the grounds it is a PG9 defect?

Yep.

More than likely to be issued with a delayed prohibtion, but then again depends on the vostapo which pulls you :cry:

a driver from our yard got PG9 for this.

sure there is a FPN for “inafective spray suspresion equipment” or words to that effect

it is a delayed PG9 just for having the spray suppression flap missing, let alone the wheel arch itself :open_mouth:

and i would refuse to take the trailer

I got a PG9 from a split spray flap bout 2 yrs ago now :confused: ,so i’m pretty sure this would warrent a PG9. But like has been said depends on the person that pulls you over.

Your mud flaps are too long, cut 50% off them, no more problems. They do need to be a minimum length for the MOT but you culd always put new longer ones on at that time then swap them out again, cheaper than new mud guards all the time. This is what I do anyway.

Silver_Surfer:
Your mud flaps are too long, cut 50% off them, no more problems. They do need to be a minimum length for the MOT but you culd always put new longer ones on at that time then swap them out again, cheaper than new mud guards all the time. This is what I do anyway.

especially when the flap gets caught under the wheel if your reversing next to a kerb and it drags the mudguard with it you end up running over the entire mud guard which snaps off :blush: :blush:

I would refuse to take the trailer till they had fixed it.
Also as said get the mud flaps shorternd it will stop the problem a bit.

Rob K:

merc0447:

Yep.

Ditto

I had a similar situation the other day. Was asked to pick up a trailer without a mudguard and take it to the yard that does our repairs. As long as there is a defect notice written, and you are on the way to get the trailer repaired, VOSA would not give you an infringement… But I wasn’t stopped, so I didn’t find out if that was correct advice!

EastAnglianTrucker:
As long as there is a defect notice written, and you are on the way to get the trailer repaired, VOSA would not give you an infringement.

I’d be interested to hear if this is correct or not? Where’s ROG when you need him, he used to love ringing up and asking these sorts of things! :wink:

Scarab:

EastAnglianTrucker:
As long as there is a defect notice written, and you are on the way to get the trailer repaired, VOSA would not give you an infringement.

I’d be interested to hear if this is correct or not? Where’s ROG when you need him, he used to love ringing up and asking these sorts of things! :wink:

It is true,BUT the driver must have the defect sheet with him AND the repair must be pre booked,i got pulled on route from Brackley to the M A N dealer in Buckingham and i had the defect in the cab and the vosa man still rang the garage to check i was booked in :open_mouth:

Scarab:

EastAnglianTrucker:

It is true,BUT the driver must have the defect sheet with him AND the repair must be pre booked,i got pulled on route from Brackley to the M A N dealer in Buckingham and i had the defect in the cab and the vosa man still rang the garage to check i was booked in :open_mouth:

washy jnr:

Scarab:

EastAnglianTrucker:

Sorry double post :blush:

washy jnr:

washy jnr:

Scarab:

EastAnglianTrucker:

Sorry double post :oops:

you been taking maths lessons from my missus? :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No,the guy who does our wages :laughing: :laughing:

washy jnr:
Sorry double post :blush:

That was 3 posts !

As per the picture then it will be a delayed prohibition and a £30 FPN. If the wing was still attached but was likely to come off at any moment then it’s an immediate prohibition and a £60 ticket.