If you are out driving for a few days/ a week

And you are follwing EU Directives on rest/downtime- what do you do when you are at rest? surely you dont spend all your time in the cab?
Can you park up and go to get some exercise? where do you get a shower/wash? How can you keep a week’s worth of food in tact? if you take a laptop or something to watch films- how do you keep it charged up?

The rules for daily rest are that your time is your own. It’s up to you to manage it effectively and still have enough physical and mental rest

What do people usually do though?

It depends where you park up. Some companies will pay for parking at motorway services.

This often includes a meal voucher towards your dinner. Not the best food but at least it’s paid for. Also showers and toilets etc for freshening up.

Take a laptop or a tv. Use an inverter to power them from the Aux socket in the truck. Depends what you like for entertainment.

If you are left to your own devices for parking, then industrial estates are often a good option provided you are not too far from civilisation.

Hope this helps

Pretty much all the things you do at home. Watch TV/videos, cook or go out for a meal, read, go for a walk, watch sport, you can usually find a game if something going on somewhere even if it’s just you, half a dozen other folk and a couple of dogs watching. If you are in a new place you cam pretend you are a tourist and go sightseeing. Go swimming or to a gym if that is your sort of thing, both of those places a good way to get access to clean showers.

If I was single I’d be on dating websites and lining up skirt in my destination :smiley:

BBOY13:
If I was single I’d be on dating websites and lining up skirt in my destination :smiley:

LOL! :smiley: