If work is quiet where is

If agency work is drying up, DHL, TNT etc etc paying people off and generally haulage is going downards what is happening to the goods that needs delivering? Is everything just being stored in warehouses until markets pick up again?? Manufacturing just stopped■■? What is actually hapening to all the goods??

Or is it being shipped by other means? Train??

scottishcruiser:
If agency work is drying up, DHL, TNT etc etc paying people off and generally haulage is going downards what is happening to the goods that needs delivering? Is everything just being stored in warehouses until markets pick up again?? Manufacturing just stopped■■? What is actually hapening to all the goods??

Proberly not producing as much goods anymore therefore not so many to deliver

Many chemical plants are haveing to
run their processing plants down as
the orders for products for car industry
computor ,clothing etc are being withdrawn
because no one is buying at present,if
you look through the right daliy papers
you will see that this has all ready been
mentioned, over here the car plants are
takeing longer winter breaks,hopeing
that the situation will improve,by the way
this is happening all overand not just in
the western countrys, also in China,
India etc ,

Honda over here is closing for 2 months over xmas and re-opening in Feb/Mar I think…

Ive seen it in all the papers so guessing as you said people doing the manufacturing of stuff are just slowing down to keep things ticking over.

One day hopefully we can all go full steam ahead again. :wink:

scottishcruiser:
If agency work is drying up, DHL, TNT etc etc paying people off and generally haulage is going downards what is happening to the goods that needs delivering?

As not so many goods are being bought or manufactured there’s less goods that need to be delivered by road transport :wink:

Heard this little story on the news…

Paper exports to China from the UK have dried up because China uses the paper to make boxes in which they export goods to the USA and the USA is not importing goods because they are in financial trouble.

Thats probably a few less truck loads etc

scottishcruiser:
Honda over here is closing for 2 months over xmas and re-opening in Feb/Mar I think…

Ive seen it in all the papers so guessing as you said people doing the manufacturing of stuff are just slowing down to keep things ticking over.

One day hopefully we can all go full steam ahead again. :wink:

Only good thing with this story is that they are on a 2 month break with FULL PAY ! :laughing:

2 months off with full pay sounds good but I bet they will lose there anual holidays??

Fallmonk:
Only good thing with this story is that they are on a 2 month break with FULL PAY ! :laughing:

Basic pay …minus production & shift bonuses which make up to 15% of the normal wage. but its still good IMO

a lot of goods come on container ships and comanys doing this work are on a slow down so firms are even standing down trucks and laying off subbies
:frowning:
del

corus in middlesbrough are not rolling any steel from 6th december to 6th january then they are only working monday - friday until things pick up

i wish someone would tell the people i work for been flat out the last few weeks 3000 plus kms a week :open_mouth:

eastcoasttrucker:
i wish someone would tell the people i work for been flat out the last few weeks 3000 plus kms a week :open_mouth:

you must be in the same game as us… food transport?? weve been busy as well

I’m flat out too! 2800 miles done this week! Running compost down to the midlands.

ROG:
Heard this little story on the news…

Paper exports to China from the UK have dried up because China uses the paper to make boxes in which they export goods to the USA and the USA is not importing goods because they are in financial trouble.

Thats probably a few less truck loads etc

Not so you’d notice, I was one of 19 boxes loading waste paper out of Viridor in Crayford on Monday, and there were further loads of paper moving all week.

Having said that I’ve got a lay in Monday :wink:

Eddie Betz and Willi Stobart are moving it all for 50p a mile!!

scottishcruiser:

Here’s a random picture from Warwick services. Apart from me there is only one UK registered truck there :wink:

And its not the NYK Logistics either.

2800 m = 4480 k
average 80 ks
can it be done legally 2800k possibly

people are buying essentials not the wants

hitch:
2800 m = 4480 k
average 80 ks
can it be done legally 2800k possibly

No idea but my record is 4890 miles or 7860 kms in 7 days.