If we all hung it out for 2 hours per week,

3300John:
Hiya… you should have been on the docks in the 70,s i,ve sat at canada dock for 2 days
with 1 x25 litre drum, talk about stretching it out, we needed to chase around after holdups
like we had years ago. hull docks had a sceme were they tipped 6 vehicles per shift.
if 6 lorries drove in with one pallet each that was the shift over. now you could hang around there,
about 7 hours waiting for the next shift to start.
John

Never did them any good though did it? They all got finished! There are a tiny % of dockers now compared to what there used to be.

switchlogic:

Pat Hasler:

darren1000:
If we all hung it out for 2 hours a week, we would create 1000’s of new jobs.

I like this, I always had the same view when working for Swifts, Tesco and the very brief time at TDG.

And Swift and TDG are where now exactly? And how many drivers work for Tesco now compared to then? Yeah great idea…

Working for the French :grimacing:

Its no good trying to hang it out and taking the pee out of your gaffer, he seen it all and probably done it all before. You say you do the same run regular and it takes you 10.5 hours, now imagine if next week one of your work mates,not agency, does it, it takes him 9.5 hrs. Hes not the one that it going to be questioned is he!

That is why the Poles are here,they work hard,and do not moan,just get on with the job.

toby1234abc:
‘…That is why the Poles are here,they work hard,and do not moan,just get on with the job…’

Or perhaps more factually, Poles are where they are because European Union legislation dictates that they can do as they ■■■■ well please in whatever EU area they choose - as can any other EU prole’.

Happy Keith:

toby1234abc:
‘…That is why the Poles are here,they work hard,and do not moan,just get on with the job…’

Or perhaps more factually, Poles are where they are because European Union legislation dictates that they can do as they ■■■■ well please in whatever EU area they choose - as can any other EU prole’.

first any peoply who maeke some migration inside country or outside,after this people more flexible,more hardworkers.but people who live all life in one city have less flexsiblity,and more cross fingers.it is not just Brittish problem.

The system is too efficient, more truck hours equals more demand for drivers. The more efficient the system gets the less demand for drivers the less the pay. I wouldn’t want to bad mouth any hard working driver however we have become busy fools earning less then we did 5 years ago. Hang it out for a bit and you are helping all drivers.

Sounds a great idea look at those jobs years ago newspaper printers the docks coal miners British leyland cushy council jobs the list goes on how many people are employed in them industurys now after ripping the arse out of the job for years.

Who is the jerk that wants to have a petition to put speed limit on single carrage ways up 50,er no hanging out there then

Yes its that tw-t who does it in 9.5hrs that f-cks it up for the rest of us. :imp:
He’s the one who loads and tips on break, :imp:
He’s the one who is goimg to get done by vosa for working through his breaks. :laughing:
He’s the on who looses his companys operating licence because he is operating ilegaly. :open_mouth:
He’s the one who drives everywhere on the limiter breaking the speed limits. :blush:
The longer it takes me to do a job the more money i earn. :smiley:
Thats not taking the P, just doing it rite as it should be done. :slight_smile:
Ps… Hi Mark :wink:

dowahdiddyman:
Its no good trying to hang it out and taking the pee out of your gaffer, he seen it all and probably done it all before. You say you do the same run regular and it takes you 10.5 hours, now imagine if next week one of your work mates,not agency, does it, it takes him 9.5 hrs. Hes not the one that it going to be questioned is he!

darren1000:
If we all hung it out for 2 hours a week, we would create 1000’s of new jobs.

There’s plenty of places where hanging about on purpose would only create one new job - yours! :stuck_out_tongue:

Supermarket driving then, is job preservation personified with the 50mph limiters! :stuck_out_tongue:

Winseer:
Supermarket driving then, is job preservation personified with the 50mph limiters! :stuck_out_tongue:

Would you care to elaborate…■■

You can’t teararse around everywhere in one of those supermarket 50 limited wagons, so over a 12 hour shift say, a “job and knock” 56 limiter owner/driver could do the same run in over an hour less I’m sure.
Rushing around shoving the stuff off the back, and spilling half of it is also discouraged by the anti-job and knock culture of supermarket agency driving. You get paid strictly for the hours you do, and that’s it. Rush back early - get docked. Simples. :grimacing:

There’s a difference between you personally ripping the ■■■■ out of a job, and working the way the company want you to. I’m on the trolleys and our trucks do 90ks, but the company are quite happy for us to knock it back a bit for the fuel consumption. I tore around like a man possessed for years, but have to admit when I’m sitting on the motorways at 85ks, I’m glad I’m not being constantly harassed by the office bod anymore. At our place, anyone who really takes the ■■■■ out of the job are found out pretty quickly.

When it’s company policy to potter around at 50 (and 40 on the single carriageways) then you are complying with the firm’s line, and you can hold your head up high that you are not taking the ■■■■.

If you are working for some firm like TNT on the other hand (which I have not) then there seems to be a lot of teararseing around, implying they don’t like you to hang about, or it’s all full timers on job & knock.

J10 M42 roundabout last friday late evening - Saw three TNT combos going abreast at high speed around the roundabout, having just left the northbound M42 - and not apparently going to the services. Must be a depot in the area I guess. :open_mouth:

I wouldn’t like any firm to have a “pedal to the metal” policy, lest you be in the crapper all the time for upsetting any “planners”…
I Have still yet to deal with a “planner”, despite being over 2 decades into the business with a lot of different firms! Long may it continue. :slight_smile:

I worked for TNT a few years back for a short spell. Drove everything from transits to artics.
The joys of fighting through evening rush hour traffic for your collections and then to catch the trunkers I don’t miss, that’s for sure… :slight_smile: :wink:

if i only hung it out or 2 hours i would have nothing to do by wednesday :smiley:

jaydee:
Yes its that tw-t who does it in 9.5hrs that f-cks it up for the rest of us. :imp:
He’s the one who is goimg to get done by vosa for working through his breaks. :laughing:
He’s the on who looses his companys operating licence because he is operating ilegaly. :open_mouth:
He’s the one who drives everywhere on the limiter breaking the speed limits. :blush:

dowahdiddyman:

Your signature says it all really…If I was hiring you wouldn’t get a look in!

They are getting agency in one day per week at a cost of £120 per day/week. Thats £6K a year you’re costing your company because you’re stringing the job out!!! Are you for real? You’ll be moaning if the job goes ■■■■ up.

Fileep:

jaydee:

dowahdiddyman:

Your signature says it all really…If I was hiring you wouldn’t get a look in!

They are getting agency in one day per week at a cost of £120 per day/week. Thats £6K a year you’re costing your company because you’re stringing the job out!!! Are you for real? You’ll be moaning if the job goes ■■■■ up.

If you were hiring I wouldn’t want a look in, if it says 40 I run at 40, if the tacho says 4.30 driving then I take a break, if I’m tipping/loading it’s other work.
The tear round like loony brigade at my firm have written off five wagons in the last year and cost thousands in insurance excess and premiums plus hire charges for replacement vehicles, GIT claims etc and one driver didn’t make it home leaving a wife and three kids. Just this week my motor got smashed thanks to some plank trying to save less than 30 seconds, cost to my employer is going to run into hundreds if not thousands and I nearly ended up as next punter for the coroner.

My night man does the same run as me, time saved on his run is 90 mins, (roughly £18 in wages), doesn’t cover the extra 50 litres of fuel he burns every night and he’s now sitting on a very real chance of a ban under the totting up procedure.