if no deal

GasGas:
So major shareholders have persuaded the Unilever board to keep the company in the UK after Brexit because they didn’t want to see the company delisted from the FTSE list.

Hooray…everything is going to be alright!

Well, maybe not so bad.

We hope.

I wonder if any large multinational currently headquartered outside the UK is considering moving here to enjoy the Brexit Bounty?

A unicorn horn processor, perhaps?

Meanwhile, even the Brexit enthusiasts warn no deal may cause a financial meltdown

descrier.co.uk/politics/jacob-r … of-brexit/

Because shareholder voting is still this travesty of “One share one vote” (should have been “one shareholding one vote” long ago!) it is unlikely that those institutions are thinking “Long term” here. Quite the contrary. Pension funds, institutional investors, market makers, and city “Day Traders” will be in and out of FTSE stocks like a sailor approaching a line of hookers at the dockside on a bank holiday shore leave weekend…

Keeping a company in Britain - gives that company access to the UK market.

We’ve all been banging on so much about “EU market access” after Brexit - that we seem to have forgotten that the European companies “wanting to do business here in the UK with any deal other than Remain being the result of Brexit” - is going to require - guess what? - “Some presence in the UK”.

Not difficult to understand, that.

The only “investors” that matter than, and likely made this decision - are the BOARDROOM shareholders, I reckon! :bulb:

Mazzer2:

muckles:

Mazzer2:
To be honest banking crash or not I think Brown would have gone a the next election he only became PM because he acted like a petulant child under Blair and most people could see that. Blair should have grown some and sacked him after the second election victory.

If Blair had sacked Brown after the second election we probably would have ended up in the Eurozone, just before the financial crash.

The Euro came in during their first term and I think enough had been done to prevent the UK from joining by then keeping us out of the euro was about the only decent thing Brown did, a lot of his policies have since come home to roost and added to the UK’s problems.

No one would lose as much power as the incumbent chancellor of the exchequer - IF we’d done away with the Pound, and signed up to the Euro on Brown’s first watch as chancellor.
For all we know - Blair might have told him “Find a way of getting us INTO the Euro” only to have his Iron Chancellor tell him a flat “No”.

Gordon Brown says No.jpg

muckles:

Mazzer2:
To be honest banking crash or not I think Brown would have gone a the next election he only became PM because he acted like a petulant child under Blair and most people could see that. Blair should have grown some and sacked him after the second election victory.

If Blair had sacked Brown after the second election we probably would have ended up in the Eurozone, just before the financial crash.

Indeed. Instead of bailing out British banks at taxpayer expense, we would have been bailing out that “dead bank walking” Deutsche Bank instead.
All that duff bank, afloat on UK money - only to be on the verge of sinking all the time anyways!

(The EU have been cramming “bad bonds” like Greece, Italy, Spain, South American etc into Deutsche Bank, so when it finally collapses like Lehmans or BCCI - only “non government people” get to lose their shirts over it…)

I suspect Stobarts are doing something similar by “shelling off” their business btw. One the of “group” in my mind - is gonna carry the can for the rest, should trading conditions get much tougher than they already are. (What with the low wages Stobarts pay, and yet they STILL struggle to make ends meet?)

As it is though - should Deutsche Bank eventually fall over, as it must once Brexit is done - only those people who are heavily invested in it will end up wearing a barrel, rather than expecting to have the UK OVER a barrel - to prop up this bigger Byzantine ponzi scheme than even Madoff could have come up with!

Go for Broke.jpg