If new to Agency working avoid umbrella company payments

For some that are new to driving agency will be you’re first employer.
Ask the question do you pay paye, or have a fancy umbrella scheme that gives you more off my hard earned than I get!
I’ve been about a few years starting to see them creep back in avoid them…
ANY agency that asks you to fill out any other form, apart from you’re timesheet avoid…
ANY questions just ask

+1. And whilst they may offer you a higher rate than PAYE you’re worse off because that higher rate includes your holiday pay and out of it you’ll have to pay employers NI, about 11%, in addition to your normal NI, apprenticeship levy plus the umbrella company usually has a weekly fee too.

Yeah but sod all that Conor… why bother with all that when you can get an extra pound or so an hour… wow.

Said with scoops full of sarcasm.

Conor:
+1. And whilst they may offer you a higher rate than PAYE you’re worse off because that higher rate includes your holiday pay and out of it you’ll have to pay employers NI, about 11%, in addition to your normal NI, apprenticeship levy plus the umbrella company usually has a weekly fee too.

Strange. You called me a resident racist and a liar when I said holiday pay was wrapped into the rate, yet here you are stating the exact same thing yourself. Hypocrite. :unamused:

i stand to be corrected but my understanding of connors post is that umbrella has the holiday wrapped up in it , but paye doesn’t , well that’s not right as I was paye & holiday pay was paid weekly even when not on holiday , and was deducted as a % of your hourly rate , now will have the that’s because yours was illegal , but when I was getting all these tax letters I assumed it was because of how much I was earning , I said to the tax bloke realise when I’m on hol I don’t get paid , my holiday pay is paid weekly & is paid out of my earnings ( 12% ) , now he didn’t say that’s illegal , I’ll take note of it & look into it , he said nothing , and he couldn’t of done anything as until the day I left holiday pay was paid the same , paye
If you ask me , other than as many holidays as and when you want , I can’t see anything you couldn’t get as employed driver

toonsy:
Yeah but sod all that Conor… why bother with all that when you can get an extra pound or so an hour… wow.

Did you actually read my post numb nuts?
If u want a ■■■■■ fight do it in your re own time .
Toonsy that short for p****?

Daf245:

toonsy:

Did you actually read my post numb nuts?
If u want a ■■■■■ fight do it in your re own time .
Toonsy that short for p****?

Think that’s a whoosh there… :unamused:

I even wrote that I said it with scoops of sarcasm… but I’ll try and break it down for you.

I was actually making the SAME point as you and AGREEING with you in that the headline rate often looks good but the devil is in the detail, but that people will still get tempted because of the higher rate.

And how can Toonsy (six letters) be short for a five letter word? It’s mathematically impossible.

DCPCFML:

Conor:

Strange. You called me a resident racist and a liar when I said holiday pay was wrapped into the rate, yet here you are stating the exact same thing yourself. Hypocrite. :unamused:

I’m talking about umbrella company, not PAYE direct from agency. Rolled up holiday pay for PAYE is illegal.

An agency that offers something other than PAYE may go bust (and rebadge ) on April th 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So If u are for example working for a company on PAYE and getting paid £13p/h. Then decide to change to a agency rate and get £14p/h. This may be less than the £13p/h due to the fact its got your hol pay rolled into it. This may or may not be correct[emoji41]

OK il throw another bone into the piranha tank.
Il suggest the old ir35 rules for ltd company drivers were more legitimate than working through a umbrella company as you’re legally still able to do.
As agency’s who work this way use the tax rules to pay you.

Boris1971:
So If u are for example working for a company on PAYE and getting paid £13p/h. Then decide to change to a agency rate and get £14p/h. This may be less than the £13p/h due to the fact its got your hol pay rolled into it. This may or may not be correct[emoji41]

dont forget the extra stamp and admin fee