If I hadn't have seen it myself

…I would never have believed it.

Sat at the fabulous Ma Larkins at J27 M1 at 6am this morning,enjoying a rather nice breakfast of bacon,egg,sausage,tomatoes,beans,mushrooms,toast and tea,all for the princely sum of £4,with a free refill, :smiley: when we all happened to glance out of the window,facing the junction roundabout,only to watch with total disbelief,at an Italian reversing around the roundabout,in his artic,because the stupid spaghetti eating,greasy haired,garlic smelling ■■■■■■,had missed the exit,that would have taken him past the cafe. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

During his superbly legal manouvre,he nearly backed it into a car coming around the roundabout,unaware of what was going off. :angry: :angry:

You couldn’t make it up,and unusally for that area beacuse they frequent said cafe,there wasn’t a motorway cop to be seen.

When are the government going to wake up,smell the coffee,and realise that majority of these morons are a death sentence waiting to happen. :question:

How many more innocent motorists are going to get seriously hurt,or worse,because they can’t be bothered to read up on the laws of this country. :question:

The problem is with this,is that YOU,the law abiding British driver,are being tarred with the same brush,because of this idiotic show of total disregard of the rules.

Rant over.For now.

Ken.

couldn’t he have just gone round again ?

saw something similar last week, foreign registered artic on the m4 in South Wales - missed the fact that the inside lane filtered off at a junction, instead of just getting off, going down the slip road and back up the other side the driver decides to go across the exit , run down the hard shoulder and push back out onto the carriageway :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

fortunately I was the third truck, think the first one had a brown trouser moment

Reminded me of a spanish driver i saw whilst in france last summer.
Was parked up at services for the night, just had a meal went outside for a ■■■ and saw said spaniard trying to go round a mini roundabout the wrong way taking out a street light in the process and going back the wrong way onto autoroute forcing car drivers to miss the entrance to services! best of all the the spanish git could have gone round the service parking area. It would have taken all of 10 seconds to do, instead we all had a 5 min laugh at his manouvre!

Quinny:

Sat at the fabulous Ma Larkins at J27 M1 at 6am this morning,enjoying a rather nice breakfast of bacon,egg,sausage,tomatoes,beans,mushrooms,toast and tea,all for the princely sum of £4,with a free refill, :smiley: when we all happened to glance out of the window,facing the junction roundabout,only to watch with total disbelief,at an Italian reversing around the roundabout,in his artic,because the stupid spaghetti eating,greasy haired,garlic smelling ■■■■■■,had missed the exit,that would have taken him past the cafe. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

During his superbly legal manouvre,he nearly backed it into a car coming around the roundabout,unaware of what was going off. :angry: :angry:

You couldn’t make it up,and unusally for that area beacuse they frequent said cafe,there wasn’t a motorway cop to be seen.

When are the government going to wake up,smell the coffee,and realise that majority of these morons are a death sentence waiting to happen. :question:

How many more innocent motorists are going to get seriously hurt,or worse,because they can’t be bothered to read up on the laws of this country. :question:

The problem is with this,is that YOU,the law abiding British driver,are being tarred with the same brush,because of this idiotic show of total disregard of the rules.

Rant over.For now.

Ken.

ooOOOooh yer slip’s showing dear :unamused: bet there’s nobody on here who’s actually driven an artic abroad who can say they haven’t pulled the odd dodgy manoeuvre in their time - no need for such a rant i don’t think :open_mouth:

What I find most amazing about this story is that …

You managed to get in that layby !!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: I’ve never managed to get in it yet !

Now something is not right here, or, you aint being totally honest with us.

,because the stupid spaghetti eating,greasy haired,garlic smelling ■■■■■■,had missed the exit,that would have taken him past the cafe. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

So, you go from not believing it, to having an opinion on Italians and then work your way down to 'when are they…going to something about it" waffle…about what? Something you didn’t believe was going to happen? Or maybe you told a fib and you not only believed it would happen you expected it?

I’ve noticed this too. All the good drivers on the road are British !!!

Denis F:
couldn’t he have just gone round again ?

It isn’t possible , you only get one chance at the exit need , you need to do everything you can to avoid going around again .

I couldn’t agree more Ken …

Ma Larkin does excellent snap! :laughing:

Stan

Did he come into the cafe and did anyone challenge him on his antics :question:

They invent pizza, so you think they would be better at roundabouts. We invented Fish & Chips so it goes without saying the Brits are the best drivers ever in the whole world and the universe. The Poles invented food with rather a lot of cabbage involved… I guess thats why they like the UK so much.

drew128:
They invent pizza, so you think they would be better at roundabouts. We invented Fish & Chips so it goes without saying the Brits are the best drivers ever in the whole world and the universe.

Now I’ve heard some comparisons in my time, but … . :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

drew128:
They invent pizza, so you think they would be better at roundabouts. We invented Fish & Chips so it goes without saying the Brits are the best drivers ever in the whole world and the universe. The Poles invented food with rather a lot of cabbage involved… I guess thats why they like the UK so much.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused: :confused: :confused:

:laughing:

Rob K:
:lol:

it must be something to do with the language barrier.

To be fair to the italians they are suffering the same problems as us with eastern europeans (and africans too in italy and spain) driving there trucks.
Unless you heard him or he looked like super mario ken he might not have been italian

I have a Polish built Fiat 126 and that drives very badly, so we might be on to something here.

Jeg indtale en anden sprog jessicas far, fuldstændigt.

Vi ses

An Italian in reverse, or retreat mode, that’s unusual. Oh hang on, no it’s not. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

I don’t think it’d make a difference jb, he’s only got to swap spaghetti for rice, greasy hair for curly, garlic for something sweeter and he’s back on track.
it doesn’t matter who it is as long as its not on gb plates.
if i’d have realised swapping gb plates for italian ones would turn me into a stupid spaghetti eating,greasy haired,garlic smelling ■■■■■■ that lost all those valuable skills learned on gb plates I probably would’nt have gone there and missed out on one of the easiest and most legally run jobs i’ve ever had.

biggusdickusgb:
if i’d have realised swapping gb plates for italian ones would turn me into a stupid spaghetti eating,greasy haired,garlic smelling ■■■■■■ that lost all those valuable skills learned on gb plates I probably would’nt have gone there and missed out on one of the easiest and most legally run jobs i’ve ever had.

Or you could of just started eating Garlic?

jj72:
ooOOOooh yer slip’s showing dear :unamused: bet there’s nobody on here who’s actually driven an artic abroad who can say they haven’t pulled the odd dodgy manoeuvre in their time - no need for such a rant i don’t think :open_mouth:

Torre del Greco…Italy…1991… :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: