If 2 or more Driver

I went with a Coach to Vienna
We left London at 08.00 and arrived in Vienna at 07.30 the next Day
The Coach went with same Driver down to budapest.
So they will have started Sunday at 07.30 GReenwhich Time and finished Monday 12.00 MEZ
Gives me the Question afyer how many Hour needs the driver a rest in a standing Vehicle.
Sleeping in the seat seems not good enough for me.
On the way back was the Coach from Bratislava and left Vienna at 19.30 on thursday,arriving London on friday around 18.30
The way out were 2 Driver and the Way in 3 Driver.

Out we had 5 min at Dover Bus stop,30 min at Train Tunnel,a stop of 5 min in Lille,Gent and 30 min in Brussel. 5 min in Achen,20 min near Frankfurt and 30 min near Linz

In we had 30 min near Linz,15 min near Wuerzburg,15 min near Koeln,a stop of 5 min in Aachen,Antwerpen,Bruessel,Gent,Lille and 30 min in Calais on the Train,5 min at bus stop in Dover

We got stopped once by Austrian for Passport check where they took one with them
The German found another,but didn’t take here from Coach as she were heading to France and they shall deal with her.
The Belgian did it the same Way
The french didn’t bother,and the English didn’t find anyone to complain about them.

When double manned the total shift can be 30 hrs maximum, basically the 2 drivers both have a maximum of 10 hrs driving time twice a week and 9 hrs the remaining days.

However … I am quoting Truck Drivers Regs as I never dealt with Coach Driving regs so I dont know if they are any different?

Keeping it simple, the 1st driver drives for 4.5 hrs then the second driver takes over driving for 4.5 hrs so after 9 hrs they have only driven for 4.5 hrs each, if they did this non stop then they could litterally drive for 20 hrs non stop apart from stopping to change over.

The 1st driver would get his 45 minute break whilst driver 2 was driving and vice versa

Add to that the stops and the ferry / train crossing times etc they could work a maximum of 30 hrs then they must take a 9 hr minimum rest.

You say they left at 07.30 sunday so reckoning on them starting at 07:00 they could of worked as a team until 13:00 the following day (Mon)

A 9 hr rest and then return doing the same so that could be 21:00 departure monday and arrive back at 03:00 Wednesday.

Davey Driver:
When double manned the total shift can be 30 hrs maximum, basically the 2 drivers both have a maximum of 10 hrs driving time twice a week and 9 hrs the remaining days.

However … I am quoting Truck Drivers Regs as I never dealt with Coach Driving regs so I dont know if they are any different?

Keeping it simple, the 1st driver drives for 4.5 hrs then the second driver takes over driving for 4.5 hrs so after 9 hrs they have only driven for 4.5 hrs each, if they did this non stop then they could litterally drive for 20 hrs non stop apart from stopping to change over.

The 1st driver would get his 45 minute break whilst driver 2 was driving and vice versa

Add to that the stops and the ferry / train crossing times etc they could work a maximum of 30 hrs then they must take a 9 hr minimum rest.

You say they left at 07.30 sunday so reckoning on them starting at 07:00 they could of worked as a team until 13:00 the following day (Mon)

A 9 hr rest and then return doing the same so that could be 21:00 departure monday and arrive back at 03:00 Wednesday.

coach.nationalexpress.com/times- … 7291df8b2a