Idiots guide to Volvo night heaters req`d

Against my better judgement
I have foolishly agreed to take my mates old T reg volvo out on monday, down to essex/kent/sussex multi droping, with a overnight monday (rtn tues).
so I am gonna need to get the grasp of using the night heater controls
its the 4 button/digital display - clock type
anyone help, coz no doubt once he told me how to use it, and Im down the road, Ill forget how to us it. so if I print it and shove it in me bag, I ain`t gonna get cold, like I did in the tiny Daf rigid last night while in Norwich

Peirre
hater/avoider of nights out

To keep it basic, hit the button with the wavy arrows pointing up to turn it on, and again to turn it off. :wink:

I don’t know how old your T reg truck is, but I guess it has four button in the row and digital clock over them. Most left and right button have arrows to up and down. Two middle buttons have something to do with alarm and timer. When you press most left and right buttons (the ones with arrows) simultaneously about three seconds night heater starts and if I remember correctly it runs for eight hours. If you want to shut heater down before that you press those same buttons again for about three seconds. Near that display should be thermostat. Most likely it is in quite good position so you just put fan switch on the dashboard to first position, set heat to maximum and after that you just adjust thermostat if needed.

Important thing is not to start engine while cab and engine heater is running as, at least in first generation Volvo FH, water is running “backwards” in engine. I don’t know if having only a cab heater change this.

It seems like I was writing too long description and Lucy managed to beat me :slight_smile:

I don’t know the Volvo night-heater that well, its been quite a while since I used one. But, they are usualy switched on using one of two methods.

Look at the night heater control panel.

This is one of the Eberspracher control boxes. There are several different ones and different makes have different control boxes, but most of them are pretty similar. (I couldn’t get any pics from the Webasto site).

At the bottom right of this panel, there is a button with a straight line across the bottom and three wavy lines coming up from that line. Some panels have the same button coloured red. This will switch the unit on and off when you press it.
The two buttons with arrows on control the temperature, The other two are to set things like the clock, alarm clock and presetting the heater to come on and/or off at a certain time automatically.
Some others don’t have the wavy (hot air?) lines button. Those are usualy switched on and off by pressing both the arrow buttons at the same time.

This is the most basic control box. As straight forward as they come. An on/off switch and a temp’ control.

In my M.A.N. I have a control panel which combines elements of both types. It has the “hot air” on off switch (in red), the buttons for setting up the clock etc and a small version of the temperature control.
Scanias which I have driven, are switched on and off using the two arrow buttons.

Kyrbo:
I don’t know how old your T reg truck is, but I guess it has four button in the row and digital clock over them.

thats the one.

thanks