Idiot of the week

M11 (london) 01:15am, Motorway emptyish, mid lane clogger doing 35mph, No amount of headlight flashing,made any difference, What would you have done

It’s a reasonable bet that it’s a crash for cash scammer hoping that you’ll try to under take him in lane 1.That’s when he’ll claim that he was innocently changing lanes from lane 2 to 1 when he was under taken or maybe even try to claim that you had changed lanes and side wiped him.That situation is a can of worms. :bulb: :wink:

crush99:
M11 (london) 01:15am, Motorway emptyish, mid lane clogger doing 35mph, No amount of headlight flashing,made any difference, What would you have done

Pass in lane 1

Yup^^

Don’t get involved in flashing or other aggressive actions, you act as if they weren’t there at all (they arn’t all there obviously) simply continue your journey in the travelling lane.
Note, don’t approach them in the overtaking lane then after extensive flashing (that could when viewed in a video :bulb: appear bullying then undertaking them deliberately), you never leave the travelling lane you were already in and continue along your merry way without acknowledging their existence.

shullbit:

crush99:

Pass in lane 1

This

shullbit:

crush99:

Pass in lane 1

Another vote for this ^^^^. I don’t bother to react in any way whatsoever, no headlight flashes, no coffee bean signs, I just sail serenely past on the left and leave it to the only police car on duty in the county to sort out.

I also agree with Juddian, I do it all the time. (More fun when road is just about flooded :laughing: :blush: )
I admit many years ago I used to do the flashing thing, maybe even sat a bit too close to them (young,.arrogant and inexperienced :blush: , but if we’re honest I think most of us did in those days. :blush: ) I rise above it since then, not worth the resulting hassle,.not to mention cameras.

Once over if you just sailed past in lane 1, they used to pull back in after you got past, either through sudden realisation, embarrasment, or both.
Nowadays they just carry on totally oblivious that they should not be sat in or hogging that lane. :unamused:

Noticed lately a lot of trucks lane hog, …again something you NEVER ever seen once over., but I stop short at undertaking them .
All in all lane discipline is at an all time low, obviously something to do with a vast reduction of Police presence over the years. :unamused:

I can’t tell, by admitting this behaviour is the OP admitting to being idiot of the week?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Just drive on by using which ever lane takes your fancy.

robroy:
Noticed lately a lot of trucks lane hog, …again something you NEVER ever seen once over., but I stop short at undertaking them .

Why? ■■■■ them. Had an idiot Palletline driver on Friday night in a Scottish reg Scania try racing me down the hill past Trowell. I had the edge on him but he had more weight than me so each time I was nearly past him he came up my inside again on the overrun. The 2nd time he did it going past the Trowell exit, as soon as he got past he pulled into lane 2 right in front of me, despite nothing being in lane 1 as far as the eye could see :unamused: . He stayed in lane 2 all the way to the M42. Once the road levelled out after J25 I went up his inside and looked across at him shaking my head. He just glared at me gormlessly. I assumed he was continuing down the M1 from his lane choice but no, once past the runway lights he moved back to lane 1 and followed me down the M42 :unamused: .

Probably one of the thick [zb]s off here who refuse to use lane 1 on smart motorways because their eyes are [zb]ed and can’t see [zb].

DCPCFML:

robroy:

Why? [zb] them.

Why?..nothing to do with anything other than self preservation mate.
If a car pulls over whilst I sail past in lane 1, they are gonna come off worst.
If a truck does the same, it’s 50/50 who ends up in the back of the ambulance, or more like 70/30 against (unless I’m in a left ■■■■■■ as I once was for a time)
I do tend to pass them (carefully) on a smart m/way slow running travelling in queues scenario, but not if both of us are near or on the limiter.
I’m rarely in a hurry anyway tbh. :neutral_face:

robroy:

DCPCFML:

robroy:

Why? [zb] them.

Why?..nothing to do with anything other than self preservation mate.
If a car pulls over whilst I sail past in lane 1, they are gonna come off worst.
If a truck does the same, it’s 50/50 who ends up in the back of the ambulance, or more like 70/30 against (unless I’m in a left ■■■■■■ as I once was for a time)
I do tend to pass them (carefully) on a smart m/way slow running travelling in queues scenario, but not if both of us are near or on the limiter.
I’m rarely in a hurry anyway tbh. :neutral_face:

Having the pleasure to occasionally drive a truck (OK it’s only 13.5t gross, with the trailer, but its 15m long :laughing: ) that is limited to 60 this a regular dilemna, and I agree with your self preservation theory, Worked so far anyway, and I pass lots :laughing:

shullbit:

crush99:

Pass in lane 1

Couldn’t agree more, I no longer give a ■■■■ about these morons.

biggriffin:

yip - all lanes are available for this - even the 4th lol

Do what I do with every middle lane hog, tut to myself as I cruised past in lane one

biggriffin:

M8 west of Glasgow, its a Free for all !

DCPCFML:

robroy:

Why? [zb] them. Had an idiot Palletline driver on Friday night in a Scottish reg Scania try racing me down the hill past Trowell. I had the edge on him but he had more weight than me so each time I was nearly past him he came up my inside again on the overrun. The 2nd time he did it going past the Trowell exit, as soon as he got past he pulled into lane 2 right in front of me, despite nothing being in lane 1 as far as the eye could see :unamused: . He stayed in lane 2 all the way to the M42. Once the road levelled out after J25 I went up his inside and looked across at him shaking my head. He just glared at me gormlessly. I assumed he was continuing down the M1 from his lane choice but no, once past the runway lights he moved back to lane 1 and followed me down the M42 :unamused: .

You were just as bad as him. The only difference between you and him is the lane you happened to be in.

I get similar most nights doing trunks up to Scotland. I just bob in behind them, drop back a bit and stick adaptive cruise control on and follow them. You’re not going to lose any time overall because you’re both effectively doing the same time over the distance and if you do it’s probably a minute or so over 80-100 miles, not enough to make any difference. My record for doing that behind a single vehicle is from Wetherby services, over the A66 and up the M6/M74 until I got off at Ecclefechan. Much less stressful than doing all that overtaking each other for the next 2hrs plus. Bonus is you get to use their diesel to punch through headwinds so it makes your MPG look good if that’s something you get a bonus for.

Ref elephant racing/undercutting HGVs I genuinely can’t be bothered. Since I had the tacho and tyres done there’s not much that passes me on a motorway at cruising speeds and certainly not much is beating me on acceleration but while that’s all fine I’ll often just sit at 53 and let the world pass me by. Far far less hassle plus leaves a bit in the bank to dust off the knobs amongst us.

However, the S500 has gone now and I’ve got a new Actros from Tuesday so yet to see how that compares in terms of cruising etc.

Conor:

DCPCFML:

robroy:

Why? [zb] them. Had an idiot Palletline driver on Friday night in a Scottish reg Scania try racing me down the hill past Trowell. I had the edge on him but he had more weight than me so each time I was nearly past him he came up my inside again on the overrun. The 2nd time he did it going past the Trowell exit, as soon as he got past he pulled into lane 2 right in front of me, despite nothing being in lane 1 as far as the eye could see :unamused: . He stayed in lane 2 all the way to the M42. Once the road levelled out after J25 I went up his inside and looked across at him shaking my head. He just glared at me gormlessly. I assumed he was continuing down the M1 from his lane choice but no, once past the runway lights he moved back to lane 1 and followed me down the M42 :unamused: .

You were just as bad as him. The only difference between you and him is the lane you happened to be in.

I get similar most nights doing trunks up to Scotland. I just bob in behind them, drop back a bit and stick adaptive cruise control on and follow them. You’re not going to lose any time overall because you’re both effectively doing the same time over the distance and if you do it’s probably a minute or so over 80-100 miles, not enough to make any difference. My record for doing that behind a single vehicle is from Wetherby services, over the A66 and up the M6/M74 until I got off at Ecclefechan. Much less stressful than doing all that overtaking each other for the next 2hrs plus. Bonus is you get to use their diesel to punch through headwinds so it makes your MPG look good if that’s something you get a bonus for.

You are - as always - full of [zb]. If you sit behind them, how do you get your phone footage of them watching videos to ■■■■■■■■ over and send to the “authorities”?

Conor:

DCPCFML:

robroy:

My hero. The driving pinnacle we should all aim for. I do except I keep crashing.