Idiot drivers...who do you think is in the wrong?

The car driver was doing 45 in a 50. Yea, in the middle lane but no big deal.

The HGV driver however. Should lose his licence.
Firstly, tailgating dangerously too close to the van in front who was doing nothing wrong.
trying push another vehicle out of a lane.
Using his horn to try and intimadate other road users.
Using multiple lanes. (I am pretty sure that a HGV is not allowed to use the right hand lane on that segment of road.) Maybe the roadworks give him permission to use righthand lane. I doubt it though.

I dont agree that these segments of road should be increased to 60 as an answer. HGV drivers have a bad habit of always wanting to be on the limit. Many see a 50mph average speed sign and think doing 55 is fine. It’s not.

HGV drivers need to learn (most are good) but there are a few who just can not accept doing 45mph in a 50mph zone. To me its not big deal. But for others, they have to get to their drop asap. It’s just nuts to me.

I get paid very well. I have yet to be paid well enough to drive like a ■■■■■■■ lunatic.

adam277:

Firstly, tailgating dangerously too close to the van in front who was doing nothing wrong.
Using multiple lanes. (I am pretty sure that a HGV is not allowed to use the right hand lane on that segment of road.) Maybe the roadworks give him permission to use righthand lane. I doubt it though.

I dont agree that these segments of road should be increased to 60 as an answer. HGV drivers have a bad habit of always wanting to be on the limit. Many see a 50mph average speed sign and think doing 55 is fine. It’s not.

HGV drivers need to learn (most are good) but there are a few who just can not accept doing 45mph in a 50mph zone. To me its not big deal. But for others, they have to get to their drop asap. It’s just nuts to me.

I get paid very well. I have yet to be paid well enough to drive like a [zb] lunatic.

This 100%.

rambo19:

adam277:

I get paid very well. I have yet to be paid well enough to drive like a [zb] lunatic.

This 100%.

Most definitely 100 %. Although middle lane hogging is a nuisance it’s usually others that turn the situation into a dangerous one by driving like complete morons.
Just gives the decent drivers a bad reputation as well as putting lives at risk. :smiling_imp:

Ali turned the comments off, because he was getting smashed. He also posted on a Facebook group if I remember right, got thrashed there also . All the Culina guy should’ve done is slow down, pull out and then I leave it to your imagination.

DSMRookie:
Ali turned the comments off, because he was getting smashed. He also posted on a Facebook group if I remember right, got thrashed there also .

He deserved everything he got he could have got the ■■■■ out of the way but he chose to block the wagon in and make a nice little video to fulfil his craving for fakebook attention.
BTW i am not saying the truck driver was not in the wrong he was and deserved to be prosecuted for his manner of driving.

both as most people in this thread have said

trucker as were ment to be professional just knock the cc and travel that little bit slower, ok if you were really in a rush and was behind said car for a while and you had dash cam and lane 3 did not have any width restriction i would just go overtake in lane 3 if anything comes about it i will show my dash cam showing car driver being a cun t ( thing with culina when i worked via agency we was paid by the day not hourly so it made sense rushing back then dragging the clock )

car driver obviously for speeding up and making the situation worse when the truck had his right indicator on dude just back off and report him to company if you were mad. Car driver will have ‘but i had priority’ written on gravestone soon

Key thing is to just fully commit the first time rather than get into a prolonged cat and mouse. That way you can always go the ‘didn’t see you, in my blind spot’ excuse

Like when you think you’ve hit someone’s car or garden wall don’t pause, or worse get out and look.

This information was brought to you by the guild of ethical truck drivers

Own Account Driver:
Key thing is to just fully commit the first time rather than get into a prolonged cat and mouse. That way you can always go the ‘didn’t see you, in my blind spot’ excuse

Like when you think you’ve hit someone’s car or garden wall don’t pause, or worse get out and look.

This information was brought to you by the guild of ethical truck drivers

I once hit a post. I was so concerned I got out.
Was very worried someone might trip over it so I threw it in the bushes. so no one could see it let a lone trip over it!

Friendly rule reminder…

Racism is unacceptable on TN.

Some posts have been edited, other posts have been removed.

If the racist comments continue, then the whole topic will be locked/removed.

:bulb: It’s in your own hands now.

dieseldave:
Friendly rule reminder…

Kinda nuts how peoplea are blaming the car driver at all. Yea, could argue that he is middle lane hogging. But if you actually drive on the road 90% of people do the same.
As a professional driver you should expect it.

adam277:

dieseldave:
Friendly rule reminder…

Kinda nuts how peoplea are blaming the car driver at all. Yea, could argue that he is middle lane hogging. But if you actually drive on the road 90% of people do the same.

Agreed, but I wasn’t taking part in the topic.

I only got involved because three posts were reported for racist content.

adam277:

I imagine we all expect about 90% of cyclists to ignore traffic lights so does that make it OK ?

The way the lorry driver reacted was wrong and I think most people agree with that, however it does not change the fact that the car driver was holding up traffic by hogging lane 2 and deliberately blocking the lorry driver in the nearside lane, he even changed speed to block the lorry in the nearside lane.

I can understand people knocking the lorry driver for the way he reacted, which was pretty bad, but I’m surprised to see anyone suggesting that the car drivers antics were even close to being acceptable.

tachograph:

adam277:

I imagine we all expect about 90% of cyclists to ignore traffic lights so does that make it OK ?

The way the lorry driver reacted was wrong and I think most people agree with that, however it does not change the fact that the car driver was holding up traffic by hogging lane 2 and deliberately blocking the lorry driver in the nearside lane, he even changed speed to block the lorry in the nearside lane.

I can understand people knocking the lorry driver for the way he reacted, which was pretty bad, but I’m surprised to see anyone suggesting that the car drivers antics were even close to being acceptable.

It doesnt make it ok. But if you try to just plow straight through them because they are in the wrong it makes it not ok.
So middle lane hogging does not justify trying to ram him off the road :stuck_out_tongue:.
On a scale of being in the wrong. The car driver is a 4/10 the hgv driver is a 11/10.

It’s not even antics with the car driver. So many other car drivers do it. It has become the norm. If I drive with my dad or grandmother. They will middle lane hog and not think anything of it. They dont even know they are in the wrong. That being said, they are not professional drivers.

Come down off your high horse Adam. If the truck driver was trying to ram the car off the road, the car would have been off the road. The truck driver merely leaned on the car, maybe not acceptable, but understandable. The car driver was deliberately provoking other motorists.

I wonder if he would have gone to so much trouble to block the truck if he hadn’t had the video camera rolling!

As i said earlier the truck driver was a ■■■■ but if he had dropped back and let the truck out we wouldn’t be discussing this now.

Bin Man:

I wonder if he would have gone to so much trouble to block the truck if he hadn’t had the video camera rolling!

As i said earlier the truck driver was a ■■■■ but if he had dropped back and let the truck out we wouldn’t be discussing this now.

Tbh you get it all the time people dawdling along side you and ignoring your indicator when they can move over a lane and let you overtake a slower vehicle, even on a normal stretch without road works.

Lots of people are oblivious to how their driving affects others they only look at the bonnet of their car and nothing else 99% of the time.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

I think I probably know who would be charged with dangerous driving if the police had witnessed what had happened. The car driver was in the wrong to hog the middle lane and speed up etc but did he put lives at risk?
One driver definitely did.

I just wonder if something happened beforehand to maybe instigate what the car driver did?

I’m not going to get into the rights and wrongs of this but I have noticed that a percentage of car drivers are happy to eff a lorry driver around but they wouldn’t dream of doing it to a fellow car driver! Could it be because a fellow car driver has the capability to follow them until they eventually stop and then perhaps beat them to death?

jakethesnake:
I just wonder if something happened beforehand to maybe instigate what the car driver did?

True to form as always Jake, the truck driver must have done something previously to upset the car driver.

I’ve seen it plenty of times when a trick drivers is doing nothing wrong and you her bell ends like that, they think that when they are doing 50mph that trucks are always speeding because a truck doing 50 will be 50mph not 40 odd like a car. Because they are idiots and try and police other people instead of just minding your own business and moving over a lane.

simcor:

jakethesnake:

True to form as always Jake, the truck driver must have done something previously to upset the car driver.

I’ve seen it plenty of times when a trick drivers is doing nothing wrong and you her bell ends like that, they think that when they are doing 50mph that trucks are always speeding because a truck doing 50 will be 50mph not 40 odd like a car. Because they are idiots and try and police other people instead of just minding your own business and moving over a lane.

Well, sorry to disappoint you but if you take that biased head of yours off you might just realise some truck drivers cause mayhem on the road with their poor driving.
Many a time going up and dow the motorways in my car a truck indicator will come on and immediately move over to the right when it’s unsafe. Impatient twuts.
Yes a lot of car drivers are dumb but they are not the so called professionals.
It seems you are always blaming others for their bad driving. I know your type. :wink: