idiot days

I have done some things in the past I have been embarrassed by but I can’t beat what has happened in the last two days,yesterday I positioned my lorry to reverse onto my usual bay,jumped out opened the rear doors on the trailer,jumped back in the cab looked in my mirrors to see a white caddy type van parked behind me,i blasted the horn,nothing,put it in reverse,beeper came on and mr vanman got the message,he then proceeded to park in the bay I was about to reverse onto,i bollocked him and he moved onto bay 2 and parked up only to have to move cos a Beardsley artic was backing on there,afternoon I had some driver walk behind me as I was reversing,he then said out loud ‘‘fxxxxxg hell’’ I replied ‘‘don’t walk behind a reversing lorry then’’ he moaned and got back in his van,today I had a woman driver about to come over my side of the road in a traffic calming area forcing me to lock up to avoid a head on,big pall of smoke and a disgusting smell of rubber from my trailer,then 2 hrs later a cyclist instead of going through the cycle gap on the same traffic calming island tried to ride through the right side as I went through,then catches me up with the words ‘‘got your reg mate,reporting you for trying to kill me’’ told him to fxxk off and use the gap as he is supposed to,the gap has the cycle symbol on it and he should have used it,if he had I would have been 6ft away from him,plenty of room,all in all a stressful two days,if he did report me to the police I have side cameras facing rearwards to prove I done nothing wrong.

…and breathe !
The sooner you realise that you are surrounded by pricks all day, every day and that it too includes your fellow lorry drivers the better. Honestly mate, life on the roads is not going to get any better :slight_smile:

Don’t drive in London you’ll have a full blown heart attack

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:

Depends if you let it get to you. Had 20 pallets for a roadworks site on Pall Mall today and essentially drove round the contents of a Monopoly board but stayed cool all day…

Walking behind reversing cars or lorries is normal where I live. :angry:

I always thought people hung bits of rag on their mirror arms to show how many bicyclists they had run over?

Trickydick:
I always thought people hung bits of rag on their mirror arms to show how many bicyclists they had run over?

Almost… 0.20 seconds…youtube.com/watch?v=w9lmCpIzhFo

Cyclists around York I think are just suicidal. My lorry has signs galore about not passing on the inside. It even has a woman’s voice shout out “WARNING! LORRY TURNING LEFT! STAY WELL CLEAR!” and you still get 2 or 3 muppets at once pull up and then berate you for turning left.

I’ve had cyclists overtake me in traffic then go head on with another vehicle forcing them to stop just so they can get to their turn off ahead.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Just spent the whole day driving backwards & forward from Edmonton to Tottenham football ground, every trip just made me smile with regards to the stupidity of some of the motorists & pedestrians.

truckman020:
then 2 hrs later a cyclist instead of going through the cycle gap on the same traffic calming island tried to ride through the right side as I went through,then catches me up with the words ‘‘got your reg mate,reporting you for trying to kill me’’ told him to fxxk off and use the gap as he is supposed to,the gap has the cycle symbol on it and he should have used it

It sounds like he probably ought to have gone through the cycle side, but he doesn’t have to

Did your side have a red circle Give Way to Oncoming Traffic sign, or a give way line? If so, if he’s chosen to go through the main bit, you have to give way to him and you’re in the wrong for not doing so… idiot days indeed :wink:

blue estate:

true,i detest London with a passion

Basket:

truckman020:
then 2 hrs later a cyclist instead of going through the cycle gap on the same traffic calming island tried to ride through the right side as I went through,then catches me up with the words ‘‘got your reg mate,reporting you for trying to kill me’’ told him to fxxk off and use the gap as he is supposed to,the gap has the cycle symbol on it and he should have used it

It sounds like he probably ought to have gone through the cycle side, but he doesn’t have to

Did your side have a red circle Give Way to Oncoming Traffic sign, or a give way line? If so, if he’s chosen to go through the main bit, you have to give way to him and you’re in the wrong for not doing so… idiot days indeed :wink:

if the gap that has the cycle sign is there common sense should tell them to use it,this particular traffic island is on my side so I have to pull out to the right and before you actually pull out you can see quite clearly ahead for oncoming traffic to the next island on their side,it was nice and clear,nothing coming,sick and tired of people saying he/she doesn’t have to use the cycle lane/gap,if it is there they should use it and a law should be passed to make them,and like I said common sense on the cyclist should have kicked in,he knew full well the gap was there but chose to put his own life in danger,as I say he was the idiot

It sounds very much like you pulled out on him, and are still whinging that he had the audacity to be in your way!

Yeah, leave that part of the country to the Real truckers eh !! :smiley: :smiley: