Ideas for new threads

Lawrence Dunbar:

dave docwra:
Reading the Robsons quote, reminded me of times gone by crawling up Shap on the M6 (too young for the old one)and passing on quite a regular basis some of Robson’s two stroke Foden’s who were going so slow they were having to use the hard shoulder to keep out of harms way.

Robsons running 2 strokes on the M 6 On the Shap bit, What year did you see these ? Regards Larry.

Glad you’ve posed the question Larry ! I didn’t want to pile in and contradict “dd” but I think Robsons 2 Strokes and the M6 over Shap were from different era’s and it is doubtful that Robsons ever had any 2 stroke units, eight wheelers yes in the 50’s ( on 40x 8’s). Thinking back when I was on Bradys’s Octopus in the mid/later 60’s and we were down in S. Wales every week we used to stay in a Dig at Llansamlet and one of Robsons “Star” men was always there and used to turn up with a new Foden every few months and by this time all the Robsons units had the 180 LXB engine. So as the M6 didn’t open over Shap until '72 I believe that “dd” has a very fertile imagination regarding Foden 2 strokes. Cheers Dennis.

How do you pronounce Bewick?

Dieseldog66:

Usually badly, Smith is a whole lot easier to say unless you hail from London and then it’s Smifff! :wink:

Pete.

Dieseldog66:

T ----- T. :wink:

Bewick:

1. Which was the finest marque of British HGV, Atkinson ?
  2. Why were Fodens crap. :blush: :cry:
  3. Which part of the UK produced the best Drivers , ■■■■■■■ ?
  4. Which area of the UK were most proficient at sheeting and roping , ( I won’t make a suggestion! :wink: )
  5. Why was Scania superior to Volvo.
  6. Which part of the UK do the best Tipper operators come from.
  7. Why did Dave Fergie get exiled to France. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:
    :sunglasses: Why did “H” get chased out of East Lancs ( and many other places!).
  8. Does “CF” really live in Leatherhead
  9. Anyone got any other suggestions for a thread that will stimulate debate !

To supply you with cheap vin rouge and Brie at Christmas time…the fact you never actually receive any is down to the haulier you always select to transport it, Carryfast International Ltd, running tatty old Mercs with Detroit Diesels, and bent permits… :unamused:

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:

dave docwra:
Reading the Robsons quote, reminded me of times gone by crawling up Shap on the M6 (too young for the old one)and passing on quite a regular basis some of Robson’s two stroke Foden’s who were going so slow they were having to use the hard shoulder to keep out of harms way.

Robsons running 2 strokes on the M 6 On the Shap bit, What year did you see these ? Regards Larry.

Glad you’ve posed the question Larry ! I didn’t want to pile in and contradict “dd” but I think Robsons 2 Strokes and the M6 over Shap were from different era’s and it is doubtful that Robsons ever had any 2 stroke units, eight wheelers yes in the 50’s ( on 40x 8’s). Thinking back when I was on Bradys’s Octopus in the mid/later 60’s and we were down in S. Wales every week we used to stay in a Dig at Llansamlet and one of Robsons “Star” men was always there and used to turn up with a new Foden every few months and by this time all the Robsons units had the 180 LXB engine. So as the M6 didn’t open over Shap until '72 I believe that “dd” has a very fertile imagination regarding Foden 2 strokes. Cheers Dennis.

I clearly remember when I asked the question, why are they so slow and being told that they were two stroke engines in what I would call back then & still do Mickey Mouse shaped Fodens, Just goes to show how some forty five years later you can learn that some adults sometimes talk ■■■■■■■■, including myself :slight_smile:

dave docwra:

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:

dave docwra:

I clearly remember when I asked the question, why are they so slow and being told that they were two stroke engines in what I would call back then & still do Mickey Mouse shaped Fodens, Just goes to show how some forty five years later you can learn that some adults sometimes talk ■■■■■■■■, including myself :slight_smile:

Memory a funny thing DD we have no control over it. I did just one up M 6 Shap with 150 G n it were a slow job, different colour to Robsons but you could have passed me heading for safety on h/shoulder

Fergie47:

Bewick:

4. Which area of the UK were most proficient at sheeting and roping , ( I won’t make a suggestion! :wink: )
    :sunglasses: Why did “H” get chased out of East Lancs ( and many other places!).

To supply you with cheap vin rouge and Brie at Christmas time…the fact you never actually receive any is down to the haulier you always select to transport it, Carryfast International Ltd, running tatty old Mercs with Detroit Diesels, and bent permits… :unamused:

Hey Fergie47, don’t forget that new Mercs today are driven bij DD know how engines. :smiley: :smiley:

Eric,

tiptop495:

Fergie47:

Bewick:

Hey Fergie47, don’t forget that new Mercs today are driven bij DD know how engines. :smiley: :smiley:

Eric,

Eric…thank you …Christmas card on its way to you … :wink: :wink: :wink: