Idea to keep cool

Come up with a idea how to keep cool

I dunno if it been done or works.

Need one fridge trailer…

Open one of the trailer Doors and park the driver side closes to the door as you can then switch the fridge on then it should blow cold air down to your cab…

Allegedly in some hot countries, and may have happened here when it was a bit hot in the olden days, drivers would have a nap under the engine to keep cool, apparently the heat of the engine will create a cool draught as the heat rises.

Legend_Scania:
Come up with a idea how to keep cool

I dunno if it been done or works.

Need one fridge trailer…

Open one of the trailer Doors and park the driver side closes to the door as you can then switch the fridge on then it should blow cold air down to your cab…

And smell the stinky old salmon from its last load all night ?

I was tempted to sleep in my fridge trailer last night but thought better of it. Slept with curtains not pulled and windows down and earplugs in. :sunglasses:

If youve had fish in the trailer night before I would skip this idea

Legend_Scania:
If youve had fish in the trailer night before I would skip this idea

No it was all kinds of dips and smelt quite nice actually.

The in car driver cooling system by noon other than inventor: Dr J Clarkson, of the Kilner jar heritage. Could be adapted to for trucks.

How about firing the engine up, shut windows & keep the aircon on…!?

Pimpdaddy:

That would work a treat unfortunately we have this microlise crap that records your idle time. Ok you’d get away with it a few times but not very often.

bald bloke:

Pimpdaddy:

That would work a treat unfortunately we have this microlise crap that records your idle time. Ok you’d get away with it a few times but not very often.

Does it register if you pick the revs up a couple of clicks?

mucker85:

bald bloke:

Pimpdaddy:

Yes unfortunately .

Hence my fridge ideal :wink:

bald bloke:

mucker85:

bald bloke:

Pimpdaddy:

Yes unfortunately .

Bugger.

mucker85:

bald bloke:

Pimpdaddy:

if we use pto on ours it dont lol

I used to hate doing multidrop food around London with an 18 tonner in this sort of heat. With a donkey engined fridge roaring away above the day cab with no air cab it was a cruel joke, I was temped to cut a hole in the front of the body and poke some tumble dryer hose through!

You could have been bummed in the night bald bloke, lying all akimbo with your windows down!

Not a good idea running a fridge trailer with the doors open as it ices up the fridge unit, suppose you’d be alright if it was just on chill rather than full whack frozen but probly wouldn’t make much odds.

Like I’ve said elsewhere, I just run the engine to power the AC for ten minutes a few times to a handfull in the evening & that does me. It’s 30 degrees FFS, any boss that moans about you doing that is a knob.