their happy with you so give you the 70 page handbook
and insist you carry it all times
you have 3 of these ■■■■ wastes of space

so take this on board
please
Lets have your company handbook as an APP

it must be possible
it dont have anything secret contained therein and would be copy righted

someone will get the benifit of my brilliance at Magna Chilled in about an hour lol

come on guys
thoughts please

Great, providing all your drivers have smart phones to use the app on.

If they don’t, what happens? Does the company have to supply the phone? Do they expect the driver to get one just so he can work there? Or do they default to the paper version?

We get a company handbook every year. Just flick through see if theres anything new then chuck it in one of the lockers and forget about it. If youre asked for it you now where it is.I wouldnt want a company handbook as an app on my phone, unless they want to buy me an iphone4 of course, then its perfectly fine :smiley:

IMO they just give you a handbook as an arse covering exercise.

Ive never been asked if I still have it in the last 12 years Ive worked here

Geesh if I kept all the paperwork for the inductions at various sites Ive done over the years I could fill a couple of wheely bins. The only handbook Ive kept recently is the DHL book on how to use their “microlise” system because they are so ■■■■ & inisisting we use it

peirre:
Geesh if I kept all the paperwork for the inductions at various sites Ive done over the years I could fill a couple of wheely bins. The only handbook Ive kept recently is the DHL book on how to use their “microlise” system because they are so ■■■■ & inisisting we use it

I suggest you DO keep it and quote it back at them when they ask/tell you to do something that you’re not supposed to. They don’t like people what know the ‘rules’ 'cause they don’t have to do everything they are told if they can say it’s in the ‘handbook gov’! :grimacing:

Never had a company hand book in all the time I have been with my firm. Normally what happens is we get a letter telling us what not to do after someone has already done it. That is normally followed by a lecture from the old man after which we all forget about it and plough on as per usual.

It isn’t a bad idea, but most company handbooks do have a section saying the things are confidential and copyrighted. Along with the blurb about disclosing company business and the bit about anything a driver invents for work, remains company property if he leaves their employ.

However if the Trade Bodies did a generic one, like the FTA driver manual or the RHA operating schedule, it would make a level playing field. If it stated that keys were to be taken out of the ignition at every delivery point and drivers must wait in the passenger seat, that would be a step forward.

The RDC have a choice, they must accept either the FTA or RHA rules, and they can be prosecuted for bending the rules. H&S in reverse and to benefit drivers.

Drivers are allowed a maximum of 2 hours on site, any time spent longer than that will be charged at £75 per hour plus any additional costs incurred.

It wont happen in my lifetime or in yours if you have a hole in your arse :stuck_out_tongue:

hitch:
so off you go to your Logistics PLC for an induction
their happy with you so give you the 70 page handbook
and insist you carry it all times
you have 3 of these ■■■■ wastes of space

so take this on board
please
Lets have your company handbook as an APP

it must be possible
it dont have anything secret contained therein and would be copy righted

someone will get the benifit of my brilliance at Magna Chilled in about an hour lol

I have around the Corner a Recycling Bin.
All gone in it