Iceland trip

My company has been asked to arrange transport of some geothermal equipment to Akuryri in Iceland .

Do any of our valued contributors know of any haulier that does movements to Iceland, the equipment is approx 8 tonnes weight, 6.2m long by 1.8m tall by 2.4m wide, in a metal “cradle”,

Any suggestions greatfully appreciated,

Ed

We would do it although an eastern European would be far cheaper.

Have you asked these people if they can help with a answer
HERE WITH a suggestion
of some firms to ask who do the job all ready perhaps,

Try these

http://www.smyril-line.com/Sailing_Schedule.aspx

Spoke to Richard about it, and he confirmed that we will quote to go overland anywhere in the World.

HOWEVER…

We did an exhibition tour for Xerox a few years back with one of those flashy £100,000 trailers where the sides gull-wing out on hydraulics, Xerox spend a small fortune on promo, I have been on a Xerox tour myself. When they found out how much the ferry to Iceland cost they immediately pulled the plug on the idea of going there.

Richard tells me that there are freight ships which travel between the north of Scotland and Iceland, but for craned-on goods only.

I will PM you the name of a very good marine supplies company, who would be helpful to talk to if you want.

Thankyou to you all, especially Wheelnut.

We have managed to get the load covered by a Scandanavian shipping company, and they will arrange collection ex- UK for onward transport and delivery.

Thank you all,

Ed

My guess is that they will take it to Rotterdam and put it on the ferry there. This is the cheapest option if the goods are not in a hurry. Just be aware that the ferry only runs once a week and takes eight days to get to Iceland because it calls in at various ports in Germany, Sweden and Norway on the way so you could be looking at a transit time of 17-18 days.

edtheshark:
My company has been asked to arrange transport of some geothermal equipment to Akuryri in Iceland .

Do any of our valued contributors know of any haulier that does movements to Iceland, the equipment is approx 8 tonnes weight, 6.2m long by 1.8m tall by 2.4m wide, in a metal “cradle”,

Any suggestions greatfully appreciated,

Ed

Eimskip at Immingham offer a regular service to Iceland, I’ve transhipped gear in there yard a few times in the past. Dont be tempted to try & get there accompanied for ■■■■■ sake!!!

Fly sheet

i’ve heard mums go to iceland.
so i’ll ask her. :laughing:

limeyphil:
i’ve heard mums go to iceland.
so i’ll ask her. :laughing:

Would that be cocaine addicted alcoholic mums ■■?