Iceland security Swindon

What’s with black Windows and having to bend over to talk through a letterbox give me strength

I used to go in there a lot years ago. No black Windows, but the guards were little hitlers.
I had to go inside the building and sign in, and every time they gave me the third degree about where I was going ( I wasn’t delivering or collecting from the main bays).
What ■■■■■■ me off more was on the way out. You’d pull up to the barrier and sit and wait for someone to open it… And wait, and wait… You’d look over into the building and they’d look at you, then you’d wait, and Wait… Then, you’d get out, walk over to the door and the knobjockeys would open the barrier so you had to leg it back to your vehicle to get out before the barrier shut again.
Don’t miss that place at all.

I’m sure the gatehouse at somerfield, East Kilbride was similar to this. Along with not being able to see what the wee Hitler looked like, you couldn’t even hear a word he was saying through the letterbox. I remember going there once and I made him a bit angry cos I kept on asking him to repeat himself cos I couldn’t hear what he was mumbling through the letterbox.[emoji23]

Should have just done a Norman Collier at the blacked out window

I am lucky, I see drivers getting a hard time at rdc security and because I deliver forklift trucks I just get waved through and park anywhere out the way and go see Alan, so for 20 minutes I walk around like that mercat on YouTube shouting Alan at everyone until someone tells me it’s Steve you need :laughing:

Tipped there a few times only time i had any problem was because i had the wrong booking ref , I have always found them ok , some better that others mind you,
nothing stands out compared to other RCD’s , It 's one of them i treat people as i find them, even Hitler security guards

midlifetrucker:
What’s with black Windows and having to bend over to talk through a letterbox give me strength

mabey its a muslim security hut?? :open_mouth:

People were ok, lady in drivers room referred to drivers as “Mr” which was polite I thought but that stupid window like you are midget lepers is ridiculous

Especially love the intercom devices at some of these places, usually too low down. Speaker at other end normally from shores afar, fridge runnin, they cani understand ma accent, recipe for disaster. Morrisons Bridgwater springs to mind. Took me 10 minutes to get in ffs.
They all seem to have some sort of ■■■■ up at the gate/entrance.