Iceland dhl Warrington

Any info please. Hours shifts etc . thanks

if it is class 1 multi drop then

1. start hours can vary but generally 2am-6am in the morning and up to 2pm in the afternoon
  2. shift length again depends on the drops but 8-12 hours

i have not worked for Warrington, did some shifts for Enfield RDC though

Are you a bit fed up at MT mate?

Diffences of opinion so I left

Trucks are mega slow, always holding someone up[emoji49][emoji49][emoji49]

Last I heard it’s abut £11.50ph. 45 hours. Early starts. Saturdays but not Sundays.

Sounds alright on paper but plenty can’t hack the job itself… awkward stores and doing your back in tipping heavy pallets on tail lift, having to strip the ambient to get to the frozen chamber at the back etc.

Pimpdaddy:

Don’t hold me up, I just stick on my indicator and overtake.

Pimpdaddy:

Another useful and insightful piece of information from yourself as usual.

rob22888:
Last I heard it’s abut £11.50ph. 45 hours. Early starts. Saturdays but not Sundays.

Sounds alright on paper but plenty can’t hack the job itself… awkward stores and doing your back in tipping heavy pallets on tail lift, having to strip the ambient to get to the frozen chamber at the back etc.

i somtimesdo Sunday shifts as late as 2pm. Yes, pallets and cages, but never had to strip ambient to get to frozen as normally the routes and goods are well planned.

store access might be challenging indeed

Got a driving assessment here

Good luck with it mate. Let us know how you get on.

Is it on Woolston Grange?

I work there mate and it’s awful pallets 6 foot high of liquids expected to move it on slopes with a pallet truck with no assistance. Cages and pallets constantly overstacked. Have to take pallets and cages off sometimes to get to frozen and then put back on. Sometimes can have 4 shops on one trailer all with ambient and frozen. You will be planned very very long days sometimes expected to sleep out.

I work out of Livingston and it can be hard work but there is a lot worse out there. Everything is about meeting delivery times and there can be a lot of shifting things around in the trailer since you pick up cages/pallets at each shop. You will figure out how to do it though eg when you pull cages of frozen out you put cages of cardboard in the gap rather than putting all of the cardboard at the rear of the trailer. Wastes time if you have to keep moving it at every drop :wink:

On the upside, its DHL so there is no question of sending you or your vehicle out on the road illegally. Defects get fixed and not reporting them is not taken lightly. Again, there is a lot worse out there even though some of their own guys dont realise it

eagerbeaver:
Good luck with it mate. Let us know how you get on.

Is it on Woolston Grange?

That’s the one pal. Thankyou

Is it monthly pay

Anyone else would have just emailed or phoned them by now surely? Been 2 weeks since you asked on here.

Weekly pay 11.80 per hour

I’ve got my assessment tomorrow. I’ll ask then to be sure

It’s is weekly. Thsnkyou to everyone who helped