ICE ROAD TRUCKERS the new series

I have been watching the new series and it does nt seem dangerous any more. Day cabs,120 mile trips. To quote certain senior drivers " when I wer yung it was a sedon wit a gardner no bed no nite heater only an oily rag n copy of ■■■■■■■ to keep you warm.
Don get me wrong id love to do it but how would they cope on the 25 on a friday afternoon.

have a good weekend

I got about half way through season 2 and got a bit bored with it, I still have the remaining episodes here to watch but I’ll likely only watch them if I run out of other stuff.

Same here, Got to episode 6 and gave up, I watched the rest of the series only last week because I was thoroughly bored.

What REALLY irks me about that program is the sodding narrator, always bigging everything up, every time a driver makes an innocent comment like “bit of a bump there”

He’ll jump in with a CGI animation of a truck going over a bump, exploding in mid air and then plunging through the ice coupled with a narration along the lines of “WE ARE ALL ABOUT TO DIE”
Ok I went a bit over the top but its silly when it gets to that level about 6 or 7 times in a 44 minute episode.

I doubt there will be a next season, shame as the first one was good.

Of course now we have to wait for the usuals to chime in with how easy a job it is and how they aren’t real drivers anyway as they haven’t done the Middle East.

Alex

perhaps we should do our own series bout Felixstow. Ship hits crane, operation stack, laybys on A14 need I say more!!

I couldn’t agree more Scarab. If you took away all the dramatic CGI, clips from previous weeks episodes, and footage of Drew smoking ■■■■ in a Travelodge, i reckon they could fit it all into about 5 minutes. But there, i guess ‘the masses’ like it, ‘That’s entertainment’! :wink:

Roger Breaker:
I couldn’t agree more Scarab. If you took away all the dramatic CGI, clips from previous weeks episodes, and footage of Drew smoking ■■■■ in a Travelodge, i reckon they could fit it all into about 5 minutes. But there, i guess ‘the masses’ like it, ‘That’s entertainment’! :wink:

I can’t speak for Canada but “the masses” here did not like it…so I hear. The ■■■■■■■■ narrator who I believe is also the producer of the show should be left at the North pole… :angry:

Where can i watch it?
I havn’t got sky,and on the history channel website i can only find trailers and little clips of it.

Tonyb

Trubrit:

Roger Breaker:

I can’t speak for Canada but “the masses” here did not like it…so I hear. The [zb] narrator who I believe is also the producer of the show should be left at the North pole… :angry:

Aye, that flammin’ narrator gets right up my nose too.
As well as the melodrama and CGI, there’s the translation of every single word uttered, from Canadian or American English into English (at least I assume that’s why he’s repeating everything), several times just in case you missed his first translation.
If he’d just shut his mouth n let the programme speak for itself it might actually be quite good.

This one appears to really be a setup :open_mouth: .
:bulb: Using the ‘Stars’ :question: :question: of Series 1 in Series 2.
WOW, that would be cool man (cool / kool / koowl :question: , not sure of the modern parlance :laughing: ) :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: I know, it would be even cooler if, for the contrast, we get a couple of real idiots, an ‘iffy operator’ and a guy who seems to actually know what he’s doing.

There has been a few narrators of Ice Road Truckers, seems to depend which version you watch. Thom Beers is the producer and original narrator. Tom Cotcher is the narrator on the episodes shown the History Channel.

I was a big fan of the 1st series and i must agree, the 2nd hasnt been very good so far. Hugh hasnt seemed quite as much a knob this time, Drew… well i wouldnt employ him! Rick seems to be living on his 5minutes of fame The only one decent is Alex who seems fazed by nothing. If a polar bear bit him on the arse hed probably laugh and get on with it :laughing: :laughing:

Why do these TV producers always find the ■■■■ heads, I have met much more interesting chaps that portraded in this hyped up program. They could have visited any transport cafe and made much the same program but with out the ice. Some of you guys are stars and do not know it.