Ice road truckers- new series

New series of Ice road truckers starting next Wednesday on channel 5.
Think it starts @ 8pm

i think its a repeat of the series that was on the discovery channel a couple of months ago.

It is a repeat of Season 1, they will only be starting to film season 2 when the ice road opens shortly and that isn’t likely to air until the Autumn.

Coffeeholic,

Sorry to disappoint you mate but at the moment the second season looks in doubt.
NUNA Logistics have banned any means of media recording device from all trucks/trailers/depots as last year apparently all involved said the editing showed things in an unfair light.

If you look at the History Channel forums where Rick Yemm and Drew posted regularly you can see the problems behind it, the drivers weren’t shown in a fair light, nor the work they did, they also had a lot of complaints from the residents of Yellowknife.

There was talk of the second season being an “off ice” winter road, but I don’t know where that ever went.

One thing is for sure, it certainly wont be back at the Yellowknife depot!

Alex

Thanks for the info, I was working from old news evidently as I haven’t looked at the forums over there recently.

BTW, I’m not disappointed, second series often don’t live up to the first. :wink: :smiley: