Ice Road Truckers... Ask Hugh anything

why has nobody buried Rick in a snowdrift he does nothing but whine about carting loads of rubbish is he or is he not still driving on the ice .Hugh is carrying tons of [zb] no gripes he will go early again no staying power or too much money!Shame series 2 is not as good as 1 though perhaps the producers will have a rethink before 3

If it needs stars it ain’t allowed. :wink: …colingl

I think there are some real big mouths on it who really act up for the camera.

Why don’t you let some British or Irish drivers have a go at it, The ratings would be huge.

Imagine the headline “Brit driver tackles the ice roads”

Let me come over there and show you how it’s done. Or are you lot to scared to be shown up by a LIMEY?

And at least i’d be able to fix my own bloody heater. “Drivers” don’t make me laugh. Puffs on camera that’s all they are.

Meet the challenge.

Lankytim:
Would you consider making a series of programmes for the American/Canadia market showing the adventures of U.K based truckers? It could feature many of the exciting scenaros we face everyday such as,

Stuck in a jam on the M6,
Night driver failing to refuel, meaning the day driver has to refuel twice
Numberplate on trailer falling off.
Being told off by TM for trying to defect a vehicle without using the correct defect form.
Being pelted with eggs by children in Willenhall.
Queing up in Sainsburys RDC for 8 hours for the sake of 2 pallets… then having them refused! (this could be a 2 hour special, possibly the basis of a feature film?)

Im sure you agree, the idea has legs. Let me know when you intend to start filming.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

HUGH
why did you go north this year for the ice road jobs

why wasnt all the measuring done in SI units
i found commentry confusing with loads quoted in lbs and distance in miles and klicks

Bully’s truckstop is for jokes and windups.

What do you think this thread really is?

If it is’nt a wind up then why was it moved?

Ice Road Truckers:
Hey guys,

Really wasn’t sure what part of the forum to post this in… I thought maybe here…?

I was a great fan of series one, not too keen on the present one. The drivers this year not as interesting as the Yellowknife boys (in my opinion)
regards Big Al

send rob and mr vain over there, show them a real truck :smiley:

limeyphil:

Why don’t you let some British or Irish drivers have a go at it, The ratings would be huge.

Let me come over there and show you how it’s done. Or are you lot to scared to be shown up by a LIMEY?

And at least i’d be able to fix my own bloody heater. “Drivers” don’t make me laugh. Puffs on camera that’s all they are.

Meet the challenge.

:laughing: :laughing:

How’s Alex doing

limeyphil:

Meet the challenge.

British drivers do go on the ice, Bobthedog of this very site has done the past two years & is going up again this winter.

The programme itself was a load of ■■■■■ IMO, I don’t do the winter roads & have no desire to, not only does the thought of driving over a lake not appeal but I also don’t want to be stranded up in Northern Canada with a load of hillbillies for 3 months, the drivers on the show don’t represent the majority of drivers over here either, yeah there are ■■■■■■■■■ around but not in such concentration :laughing:

Hi again all,

Thanks for all the questions submitted… We picked a few and asked them during our interview with Hugh last Thursday.

You can find the interview on the Ice Road Truckers Facebook page here - facebook.com/pages/Ice-Road- … 2363?ref=s

Thanks all for you’re feedback and getting involved with the interview. I’m sorry some of you didn’t enjoy season 2 so much.

Also - Many thanks to the forum for allowing us to carry it out.

:slight_smile: