I wonder

How much more smoothly and efficiently the roads of Britian would run if people indicated at roundabouts, We all know the score when we have either had to slow down or even stop just because someone cant be bothered to flick an indicator on.

Would it make much difference if they did indicate?.

The one I hate is when people leave the right indicator flasing and then go left. ALOT of the time the road position these people take offers no clues either. :confused:

Think of the accidents that could be avoided too. On the whole its pure ignorance plain and simple, either that or Britain is a country full of very retarded drivers who don’t know what an indecator is for. Few things wind me up worse than the cases of morons driving all the way around a roundabout without an inidcation of direction.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Mutty you do seem to be stressing about a lot of stuff that will never change lately. I have voted no because if people had some sort of understanding about what lane to be in then things would go a lot smoother.

Yes, but only if they also knew HOW to signal. Most cars/vans and many trucks give wrong signals. Then if everyone drove to Roadcraft (Police, IAM or RoSPA advanced system) it would be much easier!

I voted yes but it would only improve things if they are using the correct signal, as we know that doesn’t always happen, and then actually doing what they are signalling they intend to, again doesn’t always happen.

If those things happen then it can only improve things. Think of all the times you have either not moved onto the roundabout or came to a halt before entering it because you are either getting no information or the wrong information from the vehicles already on it and your only choice is to wait until you get the information you need by seeing what they actually do.

Ladytrucker679:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Mutty you do seem to be stressing about a lot of stuff that will never change lately. .

With the greatest of respect LT if we all sit on our arses and do nothing or not even talk about the problems nothing will ever change will it?.

If we talk about it and raise the subject maybe just maybe things could change.

My philosophy?
If people coming from ahead and turning right across me, with no signals, can’t be arsed to signal then I can’t be arsed to give way to them…simple.

Yes it would be better, but if only if they did’nt come around the Roudabouts as if they were on Brands Hatch :angry: :angry: :angry:

Come off the A1 to go East on A17 and the view straight over the Roundabout is obscured by the planners decision to plant flamin bushes etc on the roundabout, you can get about 10ft onto the Roundabout and a pillock comes flying round it from Lincoln and wonders why your in his way :question:

If they did away with Foliage and left them clear for seeing whats what, it alone would make things safer.

jammymutt:

Ladytrucker679:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Mutty you do seem to be stressing about a lot of stuff that will never change lately. .

With the greatest of respect LT if we all sit on our arses and do nothing or not even talk about the problems nothing will ever change will it?.

If we talk about it and raise the subject maybe just maybe things could change.

Very true and it is probably my present defeatest state of mind but I commend you really, just remember though trying to educate to create change is good but don’t let the behavior of bad road users raise your blood pressure mate it’s not worth it.

The problem with the road’s is the cut’s made to traffic police in favour of speed camera’s and cctv .
The local cop’s in and around town’s can’t be arsed either .
Many time’s in town i have witnessed bad driving at the same time a copper has . Have they pulled it up and given a warning ■■
No !!!
:unamused:

If all taxi driver’s were taken off the road, that would take care of at least 75% of those that cant be bothered to indicate !

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Many drivers only indicate for drivers following them, they don’t think about those ahead of them - really [zb]s me when drivers don’t indicate at all when pulling onto a roundabout & then take the 1st exit - the one I’m coming out of & would appreciate knowing where they’re going so I can start off - does that make sense? - maybe not completely but…

If it needs stars it’s not allowed. L. :wink:

i voted no because i think on some round abouts u dont need to indicate im sure i read in the highway code if ur goin straight on u only indicte on exit (maybe wrong) and i think to much indication can confuse even the most professoinal driver

jammymutt:
How much more smoothly and efficiently the roads of Britian would run if people indicated at roundabouts, We all know the score when we have either had to slow down or even stop just because someone cant be bothered to flick an indicator on.

Would it make much difference if they did indicate?.

Voted Yes, I find it frustrating, some lane discipline would be nice too :confused:

Maybe the question should be re-phrased as ‘Would it make much difference if they did indicate correctly

As Teddy_0781 says, the highway code only says ‘signalling as necessary’ when going straight on & signalling on exit - bit vague there, but I always figure I must make it plain I’m going to be crossing the path of someone in front of me - ie, if I’m entering the roundabout to go straight on, then I shall be crossing the potential path of a joiner at the 1st entrance/exit so I signal right on entering the roundabout, cancel at the first exit & signal left before the second (straight-on) exit. It means that at least I’m warning anyone ahead of me that I shall be crossing their potential path rather than leaving them guessing (possibly incorrectly).

It’s part of what’s taught on advanced driving courses - the difference between defensive & offensive driving.

Close to where I live there’s a notorious 6 exit roundabout which makes for very interesting experiences!

Simple answer.

86: You should also

watch out for signals given by other road users and proceed only when you are satisfied that it is safe
be aware that an indicator on another vehicle may not have been cancelled.

Davey Driver coming south on the A1 instead of taking the “interchange” turning go on to the next one signed Coddington and turn left keep going and you will find a nice little shortcut there which misses out 2 roundabouts.

jammymutt:
Davey Driver coming south on the A1 instead of taking the “interchange” turning go on to the next one signed Coddington and turn left keep going and you will find a nice little shortcut there which misses out 2 roundabouts.

Use it every Night both ways Jammy, not because of the signalling though but because its less wear on the knees with less gear changes :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I just quoted that Roundabout as an example

Did you go up or Down Leadenham Bank this morning around 4am ish? Crafty County Police Car sitting virtually in a Field hidden from the traffic coming down the hill, they were watching everyone coming down the Hill, where they normally run over the limiter, shame everyone heading towards Sleaford was Flashing the Newark Bound to warn them :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

paul@midway:
The problem with the road’s is the cut’s made to traffic police in favour of speed camera’s and cctv .
The local cop’s in and around town’s can’t be arsed either .
Many time’s in town i have witnessed bad driving at the same time a copper has . Have they pulled it up and given a warning ■■
No !!!
:unamused:

no wonder. how many coppers dont bother themselves?
it is an offence too. it comes under driving without due care and attention. i was on a non trucking forum a few months ago and a copper said he pulled a car over because it didnt indicate off a roundabout. he pulled it for a faulty bulb and when it was checked and found to be working, he then told the driver that they were driving without due care and attention :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: