I wonder what your lorry might be advertising?

businessadvice.co.uk/from-the-to … repreneur/

Perhaps a bright pink advert on the side :exclamation: :laughing:

I assume hauliers will be getting paid to have these adverts on their vehicles :question:

I posted about this earlier on this week after i had seen the show…what i mentioned was the fact this entrepreneur had a good idea, and he mentioned what his projection was ( hence the dragon offering him her money,
£30,000…and listening to his pitch. he mentioned about the advertising, the revenue etc, not one word of what he would pay the haulier !! Many have tried the transport advertising, and none do it better that London Transport…but obviously a bigger advertising platform such as the side of a trailer is better…but i wish him success…on the downside…if for example there was an ad on a trailer advertising the latest Samsung, Vodaphone ( as per Waberers ) it could lead to break ins of the vehicle…If the ad is going on a curtainsider.maybe thats difficult…but supermarket trailers could be difficult as opposition gets tough…and producers get the hump…maybe drivers if theyre driving a trailer with Tampax written down the sides in giant letters…or Durex for eg. :smiley:

I saw the program and to be honest I don’t think he would have got an investment if it hadn’t been for his young age.

I hope he does well though.

Sent from my mobile.

Hardly innovative though is it, it’s already a thing in the US with the KWIK ZIP system and iirc at least one of our major supermarket chains have used a similar system for at least a decade on both box and curtainsiders to advertise the latest BOGOFs or reduced deals?

I just hope the haulier is getting a fair share, in fact the hauliers should cut out the kid and the dragon completely and do it directly for all the profit :exclamation: :bulb:

Saw it too,but it’s not a new thing our place have had it for around 5 years.

Fowler Welch drive around advertising Jet 2 holidays on their trailers it’s hardly a new concept.

harrawaffa:
Fowler Welch drive around advertising Jet 2 holidays on their trailers it’s hardly a new concept.

Doesn’t really count when they are basically the same company.

I seem to remember Bookers and Next were doing this years ago so not sure what’s new here.

They pay ~£500/yr for back doors only vinyl wrap, or £1000 a year for a full wrap (3 sides), and they provide you with 2 new curtains. Might be a good way to get your curtains replaced if they’re a bit tatty :laughing:

Chris1207:
They pay ~£500/yr for back doors only vinyl wrap, or £1000 a year for a full wrap (3 sides), and they provide you with 2 new curtains. Might be a good way to get your curtains replaced if they’re a bit tatty :laughing:

That’s like 4 words in a national paper for a day, yet again being shafted.

The firm’s that take this on, should see how much a national advertising campaign costs in a daily rag, then charge the company who whish to use,the trailer accordingly,
Advertising hoardings £1000, pwk, how much do they cost per week in London, And they are offering £1000 for a trailer for a years national advertising… Think about it, who’s making the money.

Correct the pointy shoe, hipster beardy, advertising type.

Been going on for years advertising on vehicles. What a muppet dragon waste of money.

There have been companies for donkeys that do this kind of thing on vehicles of all shapes and sizes from personal cars to taxis to vans to trucks.

A lot of businesses that use logistics companies pay to have their livery or advertising on the trucks.

My issue with advertising full stop is the cost to do vs the rewards for doing so.

I hate adverts of every kind with a vengeance, constantly bomb added with adverts to buy this, use this and get this game or use this site etc etc.

I have never found an advert to make me knowingly want to or to purchase a squad advertised item, maybe some work subliminally and we take more notice than we think.

But if adverts were banned full stop I’d lose no sleep over it.

GORDON 50:
I seem to remember Bookers and Next were doing this years ago so not sure what’s new here.

That sounds about right Gordon, I can remember Morrison’s trailers that had their own changeable advertising panels on the sides of them back in the late 90s and early 00s, so not really a new idea.