I will not reverse

This is what can happen when you let bus drivers reverse!

Parks of Hamilton reversed into Bruce Coaches

109LWB:
I wonder how they get out of my local bus station then… They pull up forwards but there is a row of shops in front of them… The only way out is backwards…

Many bus stations of that layout have banksmen or are designed so that pedestrians don’t walk through the vehicle area.

imagine being a professional driver ant told you cant reverse. I would say it would suit ■■■■■■■■ that could never drive in the first place. what a ■■■■■■■■■ no wonder buses are driven by ■■■■ heads who cant make a choice in there life, always said it the job of bus driver is way down the ladder of a skill driver. by the way artics cant see behind either, also a van cant, ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■■

And they need a banks man to park when they get back, They are a joke

I think nightline was bullied as a child and the anger is catching up with him. Either that or hes 5’ 4" and suffers (badly) from small man syndrome

Glen A9:
This is what can happen when you let bus drivers reverse!

Parks of Hamilton reversed into Bruce Coaches

109LWB:
I wonder how they get out of my local bus station then… They pull up forwards but there is a row of shops in front of them… The only way out is backwards…

Many bus stations of that layout have banksmen or are designed so that pedestrians don’t walk through the vehicle area.

Couldn’t happen to a nicer company (parks) :laughing: :laughing: …They used to take me to school back in the 70s

The-Snowman:
I think nightline was bullied as a child and the anger is catching up with him. Either that or hes 5’ 4" and suffers (badly) from small man syndrome

As says a sad bus driver

Sad too see so many individuals in Trucker forum not being able to understand that bus was right and smallest always moves instead of biggest one…

Sounds like Romania not Trucker forum…

kyk:
Sad too see so many individuals in Trucker forum not being able to understand that bus was right and smallest always moves instead of biggest one…

Sounds like Romania not Trucker forum…

well you must have missed the thing that said you are not a driver and you are not able to make a decision on anything , just dive straight and don’t turn you’re head

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … budge.html

One from a few days ago. People seem to see courtesy and niceness as a weakness these days.
I’ve had cars accelerate past passing spaces and up to the front of my artic, then demanding I reverse because I was in the wrong. Of course the mobile phone comes out to record the exchange. They always seem really disappointed when I calmy explain the rights and wrongs of the situation are irrelevant, the practicality is that they have to reverse because it isn’t safe for me to. Oh, and if they wish to make a complaint the number is on the side of the lorry.

nightline:

The-Snowman:

As says a sad bus driver

Ouch. That hurt
And its not even accurate. Im not a bus driver

I’m a driver for Arriva buses, its not illegal to reverse because some bus stations you have to reverse off the stand, but on the road bosses prefer you not to if can be helped due to the claims off passengers even for the slightest bump you might have.

Don’t forget the ■■■■ in the back of a lorry doesn’t answer you back or gets whiplash unlike a bus. :bulb:

The-Snowman:

ckm1981:
A “non reverse policy”…what the actual fu£k!!!
Regardless of who is to blame that is absolutely pathetic!

Why is it pathetic? Having worked for first bus in the past I can confirm they do have a no reverse policy.)

Thanks Snowman, I found it interesting. Its sometimes useful to listen to those who’ve had to put up with working under these conditions, and knowing that their employer will feed them to the wolves at the drop of a passengers hat, more you than Me mate :wink:

Captain Caveman 76:
Mercedes drivers have stand-off under a single-lane bridge shutting down road | Daily Mail Online

One from a few days ago. People seem to see courtesy and niceness as a weakness these days.
I’ve had cars accelerate past passing spaces and up to the front of my artic, then demanding I reverse because I was in the wrong. Of course the mobile phone comes out to record the exchange. They always seem really disappointed when I calmy explain the rights and wrongs of the situation are irrelevant, the practicality is that they have to reverse because it isn’t safe for me to. Oh, and if they wish to make a complaint the number is on the side of the lorry.

Let them complain, if your gaffer is worth his salt then he should just brush it off. Unless that is, if you work for a large company like DHL.

eddie snax:
Thanks Snowman, I found it interesting. Its sometimes useful to listen to those who’ve had to put up with working under these conditions, and knowing that their employer will feed them to the wolves at the drop of a passengers hat, more you than Me mate :wink:

Its part of the reason I left them. I worked out of their larkfield depot and there was a real fear factor. And if a member of the public got injured or ran to the papers then the driver was the first one in the firing line. And also for petty stuf as well. I got pulled in to explain why I had driven past a woman at a stop near Victoria park. It was because when I approached the stop she was leaning on a fence talking to her friend, looked up, saw the bus and didnt move so I assumed she wanted a different number. But the letter of complaint came in and she claimed she had been standing with her hand out and her baby in a buggy (there was no buggy). So I got a “just keep an eye out and be more careful”. The annoying thing is though that these letters get kept in your file so all it takes is a few people to write in and all of a sudden your suspected as a habitual stop-passer all because some people want a free travel pass. This is much more common than you think and First rarely stand up to them to protect the share price.
I much prefer HGV work. the cargo doesnt whinge :laughing:

The-Snowman:

eddie snax:

Its part of the reason I left them. I worked out of their larkfield depot and there was a real fear factor. And if a member of the public got injured or ran to the papers then the driver was the first one in the firing line. And also for petty stuf as well. I got pulled in to explain why I had driven past a woman at a stop near Victoria park. It was because when I approached the stop she was leaning on a fence talking to her friend, looked up, saw the bus and didnt move so I assumed she wanted a different number. But the letter of complaint came in and she claimed she had been standing with her hand out and her baby in a buggy (there was no buggy). So I got a “just keep an eye out and be more careful”. The annoying thing is though that these letters get kept in your file so all it takes is a few people to write in and all of a sudden your suspected as a habitual stop-passer all because some people want a free travel pass. This is much more common than you think and First rarely stand up to them to protect the share price.
I much prefer HGV work. the cargo doesnt whinge :laughing:

There used to be a bus driver had his own website somewhere.
He ripped the ■■■■ out of First Glasgow, other drivers and the passengers.
First had a price on his head but he was never found out.
Definitely easier and less hassle driving lorries.

Down here when I was on for Brisbane City Council buses there was a no reverse policy. Only trouble was that back then we had more than one terminus where you did have to reverse around a corner. :unamused:

Don’t know which one was the idiot there, but why didn’t the bus driver just get on his radio or phone and tell the depot what was happening ?

ckm1981:
A “non reverse policy”…what the actual fu£k!!!
Regardless of who is to blame that is absolutely pathetic!

I think youll find that most bus firms operate a no-reversing policy with passengers aboard.

I delivered to East Street Chichester week before last. There’s a loading bay at the top of South Street just before the “Cross”, with another round the (unsighted) corner in East Street. Buses/deliveries only in that bit of the road. I need East Street, but as I round the corner I can see two vehicles in the loading bay, but wvm has nearly finished. I decide to reverse back round to the South Street loading bay (Moffett will be used), but three buses have now appeared. So I pull round into the left side of East Street, just behind the van. A bus, followed by a Police car now enter the top end East Street. I park up as tight to the curb as poss to allow three buses to get past. The three following me round the corner and are plainly visible to the bus in front of the police car, but he decides to carry on and the two drivers are now looking at each other. Nothing I can do to help so I carry on unloading the Moffie. Unloading bay has now cleared so I pull forward into it. Police car has stopped short as he saw what was occurring, but buses are now nose to nose alongside my wagon, attracting many admiring looks. Curtains are open, I can’t do any more, so am standing there twiddling my thumbs when the single bus decides he needs a banksman and I am it. I’m really helpful so I reverse the bus towards the Police car. Not nervous at all… Three buses look relieved as all go on their merry way. I’d like to throw in an earthquake to make it more interesting, but it didn’t happen. Unless there was one abroad somewhere…

I used to work for Stagecoach, and there was no reversing with passengers on board policy, with exception for the bus station.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … -hour.html

Apparently now sacked.

Whoever is in the right or wrong here (Papers are showing the routes taken and the car driver had the right of way) the thing in my view which has been over looked here is the attitudes. The car driver is just a pleb but the Bus driver lets himself down massively when he retaliates with his verbal threats. All credibility he had goes out of the window at that point. He is providing a public service and should be more professional but didn’t so brought his company into disrepute.
Two stupid drivers who let the situation get way out of hand and had the police tell them what to do like silly school kids.