I was thinking today about one issue

Wheel Nut:
When we ruled Europe it was :smiley:

Only on west half… East part of Berlin was full of Soviet LHD lorries :stuck_out_tongue:

cdriver:

When we ruled Europe it was

:question: when would that be :question:

I guess he mean 1945 year? :wink:

Wheel Nut:
All this talk of the difference between LHD and RHD is hogwash.

The problem is crap drivers and crap driving and not been aware of your surroundings. Whether that be some ugly mother who hides away behind his tasseled velvet curtains and indian dream catchers or whether its a Latvian or a Pole with 3 open stolen laptops on his dashboard. If you dont look in the mirrors or signal then eventually you will hit something :bulb:

You have to give car drivers the benefit of the doubt because they are in their own little world wondering if their dole will be enough to buy some more drugs this week.

Its hardly rocket science.

This isnt anti Pole or anti anything except against the poor driving standards on todays roads.

Totally agree. Having driven an English registered left-■■■■■■ in the UK for some time I really don’t understand all these excuses about blind spots and how they’re all so much more difficult to drive etc. It’s quite simply a complete load of bollox. The only difference I noticed (other than sitting on the left hand side) was that you had to plan for angled roundabout approaches well in advance otherwise you’d find yourself sat at the line not being able to see what’s coming round it.

Normal driving and changing lanes caused me no difficulties/issues whatsoever and the fact that the foreigners find it so hard and keep having crashes every time they come over here is simply down to what everyone’s been saying for years - the foreigners are ■■■■■ drivers. :unamused:

well i dunno about you guys but i have no problem with blind spots as i have two mirrors on the passenger side of my actros, one standard mirror and one wide angle mirror, plus i check my mirrors on average once every 30 seconds to a minute so i usually know whats around / behind me at all times

Rob K:
foreigners find it so hard and keep having crashes every time they come over here is simply down to what everyone’s been saying for years - the foreigners are [zb] drivers. :unamused:

hehe “every time when there coming here” :wink:

I can as well have an opinion how bad are british drivers: everytime when I stop for red light they hit my back :slight_smile: That will be as much true :wink:

orys:

Rob K:
foreigners find it so hard and keep having crashes every time they come over here is simply down to what everyone’s been saying for years - the foreigners are [zb] drivers. :unamused:

hehe “every time when there coming here” :wink:

I can as well have an opinion how bad are british drivers: everytime when I stop for red light they hit my back :slight_smile: That will be as much true :wink:

Well if English drivers are “so bad” why don’t you [zb] off back to Poland where you came from and then the problem will be sorted?

orys wrote:
Rob K wrote:
foreigners find it so hard and keep having crashes every time they come over here is simply down to what everyone’s been saying for years - the foreigners are [zb] drivers.

hehe “every time when there coming here”

I can as well have an opinion how bad are british drivers: everytime when I stop for red light they hit my back That will be as much true

Well if English drivers are “so bad” why don’t you [zb] off back to Poland where you came from and then the problem will be sorted?

…even better…go to Dubai and while you at it fix Rob K’s sense of humor bypass :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ok, discussion seems to go in usual direction again.

It wasn’t subject if foreigners are bad or not.

I think Limestone Cowboy is right and that what I was thinking about.

About drivers: Let’s make an assumption, that every one in hundred of lorries with driver on the wrong side have an accident.

So if we assumpt that in UK one for ten lorry is LHD we have one lorry in thousand that have accident becouse of that.

Now let’s move into Europe. How many RHD lorries driving there? One in 10 000? So that’s mean that you have virtually no chance to spot such accident…

And that’s all. You may do not agree, but you are not the best drivers on the world only becouse you are british. In fact it’s even harder to pass the test in Poland then here (check my post on newbie forum how driving test in Poland looks).

Driving have nothing to do with nationality. And that’s all.

Rob K:

You know, Britain needs good drivers as well… So someone must stay here :grimacing:

But being serious: you missunderstand me. It was only about making opinions too fast.

Please calm down and simply read what I am talking about. If it’s hard becouse of my english - I am sorry. But we both are in the same situation: according to your data you are working in Dubai, so you should perfectly know how to work in foreign county. And I can bet that your arabian language is not perfect as well…

orys:
…and it’s LHD lorries in UK.

I was driving sprinter van today. At the morning one RHD lorry changed lane from right to left, and I was on this left lane at the moment.:unamused: I managed to escape into the bus stop and then on the pavement and grass,
[/i]

That’s the first time a Pole has missed a ditch or wasn’t there one conveniently to hand?
I’ve told you before,the aim of the game is to keep it on the tarmac (The black shiny stuff).

I agree with Limestone on this.

orys:
I was happy that speed lane was empty…

We don’t have a “speed” lane, it’s either the outside or the number of lanes from the left. The innermost being 1.

gsm31:
That’s the first time a Pole has missed a ditch or wasn’t there one conveniently to hand?
I’ve told you before,the aim of the game is to keep it on the tarmac (The black shiny stuff).

Of course. I should hit the english lorry, who was using both lanes of this shiny stuff at the moment and then hire some warrior-type lawyer and take it’s driver to the court over damages. That’s british way of thinking in such moments, isn’t it?

Sorry, I have this stupid habits of poor foreign driver and I am avoiding the crashes automaticly. :frowning:

macplaxton:
We don’t have a “speed” lane, it’s either the outside or the number of lanes from the left. The innermost being 1.

Sorry I picked it up from scottish drivers. I was even asking them, why not “fast” lane, but “speed lane”… Before that I was using “right lane”. I must let them know that they are wrong :grimacing:

it can’t just be a lhd thing as plenty of uk tow trucks are lhd and they are big anyway and then dragging an artic along behind them and seem to manage.

orys that was real class…

Horses are for much more modern countries in Africa. We are using dinosaurs

he’s getting pretty good now…try cracking that one in polish. :laughing:

wrecktech100:
it can’t just be a lhd thing as plenty of uk tow trucks are lhd and they are big anyway and then dragging an artic along behind them and seem to manage.

But they aren’t overtaking too much?

he’s getting pretty good now…try cracking that one in polish. :laughing:

That’s a great opportunity for me to lern some english slang and practice my skills in non-friendly environment :wink: I really enjoying that forum :wink:

Loads of blind spots if you hide behind ur curtains

Wheel Nut:

The problem is crap drivers and crap driving and not been aware of your surroundings

First sensible thing said on this subject in any thread. I have never had any problem with blindspots, when I have had them, I just don’t move into them.
I am seriously considering a new car which has a central steering position, better watch out. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Loads of blind spots if you hide behind ur curtains

especially them crushed velvet ones with tassle’s. :laughing:

wrecktech100 wrote:

But they aren’t overtaking too much?

yeah right,even we have to overtake tesco’s wagons… :laughing:

wrecktech100:
yeah right,even we have to overtake tesco’s wagons… :laughing:

That’s another question: are they paid per hour or what?

When I was going to Inverness each night no-one seems to respect speed limits, but Tesco and Morrison’s were driving on cruise control at 31, 34 etc…

I would fall asleep if I would drive so slow on empty road…

Spardo:

Wheel Nut:

The problem is crap drivers and crap driving and not been aware of your surroundings

First sensible thing said on this subject in any thread. I have never had any problem with blindspots, when I have had them, I just don’t move into them.
I am seriously considering a new car which has a central steering position, better watch out. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

totally agree.been driving lhd/rhd vehicles for a good few years now ,and dont find the lhd any more of a problem in the uk than a rhd vehicle.i feel more comfertable in the lhd. :slight_smile: