I want to relocate to usa

Hi can anyone help with advice in how to relocateto america, I would like to go to texas way. Is there any companies willing to hirea hgv class 1 driver there.

All help will be apreciated :smiley:

it isnā€™t the finding of the employer but the immigration issue that will stop you. Unless you can find a trucking company owned by an English man as there is/was a loophole allowing him to bring you over. Or you would need to have immediate family over there or marry a yank and these days this does not guarantee your getting a Visa or green card. If you manage to meet the criteria it is a long, involved and expensive process. :cry:
if you stick with it and work the system it is just about possibleā€¦ :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Try going over for the harvest/crop season first. If they still do that. I think someone on here has done that already ?. It would give you an idea of whether or not you will like it as much as you think you will.

Another way you could go is, apply for a job with Atlas, or United Van Lines. Theres a few more, I canā€™t think of them now. but the things with them is, you have to go back to the UK to renew your work permit. but soon as you got foot in the door, itā€™s a plus on the Immogration

why not look at canada
check out this site bobthedog.freewebspace.com/

then pm bobthe dog or maybe pat hasler (plasticbag ) might me able to help you out try look at www.onlinetruckers.co.uk as well you might have some luck
i wish you all the best with it

A few years ago when i had my own trucks, i tried to bring a lad from Milton Keynes over to drive for me. We tried everything we could, but immigration would have nothing to do with it, he ended up having to marry a Yank, she moved to UK , got married there lived in UK for about 6 months till he got his visa and work permit, all in all it took close to 2 years from the time he first contacted me , till the time he finally got here legal. So itā€™s a long drawn out process, plus you may end up marrying a Yank, just to get here.
We tried first paying a lass to marry him, she did, then wouldnā€™t sign the paperwork, so he got that marriage nulled, then met the next bird thatā€™s the one he married, now divorced LOL
US government will only let people emmigrate here in professional fields, Dr /nurse, computer geek, lorry drivers are not professional enough for them, plus over here a lorry driver is treated like a second class citizen, scum of the earth.
Hope this helps pal.

You could always move to India first and then train for job in States :stuck_out_tongue: Read somewhere that 200 indian drivers had been trained on American trucks and shipped out to Pennsylvannia as part of a pilot programme. Article states 25000 unfilled seats and yanks donā€™t want the jobs.The reality is they donā€™t want the jobs a for dirt pay.

The government keeps harping on about ā€œguest work visasā€ as a stepping stone to citizenship but nothing has happened yet.If it does there will be all kinds of opportunities to get your foot in the door.

There are an estimated 11,000,000 illegal immigrants in the country today.

DaftoldBugger:
, plus you may end up marrying a Yank, just to get here." unquote)

Think iā€™ll delete this before my yank wife sees it :wink: :wink:

Charles

DaftoldBugger:
over here a lorry driver is treated like a second class citizen, scum of the earth.

So they are treated much better than over here then :laughing: :laughing:

Longwayround:
You could always move to India first and then train for job in States :stuck_out_tongue: Read somewhere that 200 indian drivers had been trained on American trucks and shipped out to Pennsylvannia as part of a pilot programme. Article states 25000 unfilled seats and yanks donā€™t want the jobs.The reality is they donā€™t want the jobs a for dirt pay.

The government keeps harping on about ā€œguest work visasā€ as a stepping stone to citizenship but nothing has happened yet.If it does there will be all kinds of opportunities to get your foot in the door.

There are an estimated 11,000,000 illegal immigrants in the country today.

Heā€™d have to become a turban wearer first ā€¦ do they circumsise ? :confused:

It might be a good idea to tell the poor guy his HGV 1 aint worth a toss here.