I thought Fuel Tanker Drivers earned more than this!

A job just posted offering an immediate start for a permanent Class 1 fuel tanker driver offering 25k a year! :open_mouth:
I’d heard that fuel tanker driver’s weren’t on the money they used to be, but this seems crazy.
Especially as you’ll apparently be away from home all week! :cry:

HGV1 Tanker Driver Immediately required for Permanent Vacancy - 25k starting Salary increasing to circa 27k after probationary period.
Interaction recruitment are proud to be supporting our client, a leading operator within the fuel storage and maintenance industry, in their on going recruiting of staff, including tanker drivers with immediate starts available.
You will be required to operate a large articulated fuel tanker vehicle as you deliver and collect fuel adhering to health and safety processes and legislation at all times. You will be required to work away for most of the week (mon - thurs) with accomodation arranged a provided for you. Expenses will paid to you within the same week that they are accrued.
To be considered you must meet the following criteria:
> A full UK C+E (Class1) licence
> ADR Licence (to cover hazardous materials in tanks)
> A full UK driver CPC (DQC Card)
> A full UK Digital Tachograph card
> A good understanding of spoken and written English
> Experience of working with hazardous materials prefarably of a similar nature
> Have held an HGV Licence for at least 2 years
> Experience of working as an HGV driver in the Uk for at least the last 1 year

Jeez that wage was possible in the 80’s. What is going on?

Doesn’t sound like normal fuel work to me. Most fuel drivers are on shifts rather than tramping. There is no end to them coming and going from Immingham dock.

Must be an agency, i got offered £32k ish locally some 15/18 years ago to go on fuel but turned it down as i was earning more on the cars, had expected a wage to match the cars.

In retrospect, given that would have been home after every shift (though it was alternating nights/days, not my ideal choice) and a lot easier work it might have been worth going for at the time after all, choices choices, you win some and lose some.

Still waiting for me phone call from Mr Smith at Conoco for that job he led me to believe i was going to be offered circa 1983, getting worried now… :laughing: :laughing:

‘Accommodation provided for you…’ ■■?

That’ll be the bunk behind the seat then…■■? :unamused:

No doubt someone will bite…?

Does not mention pdp, if it were a genuine fuel tanker vacancy , I suspect it is a figment of a recruiters imagination. :wink:

Goldfinger:

Seems an unusual way to word it for it to be the cab, but I’ve stayed in places where the cab was a better options than the B&B or cheap hotel being offered.

a leading operator within the fuel storage and maintenance industry,

I wonder if it’s one of those companies that install and maintain the fuel storage in service stations. Hence being away all week and accommodation.
But then also says this which would suggest fuel deliveries.

You will be required to operate a large articulated fuel tanker vehicle as you deliver and collect fuel

Oh Well I’m not applying for it so not really worried what the job actually is. :smiley:

It’s a zb’tty agency advertising so take it with a pinch of salt, half the info in that ad could be wrong for all we know. Ok so it might be zb money to start but it’s an opportunity to get your foot in the door, get your experience then later move on as you make your contacts[emoji6]

Goldfinger:

No doubt someone will bite…?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Fuel tanker pulled by anything other than a “Day Cab”?! :open_mouth:

You’d have to lose a bit of weight to squeeze in behind THOSE seats! :smiling_imp:

Some thick ■■■■ will do it, just so he can brag to anyone who will listen that he’s a fuel tanker driver. It’s 3rd in bragging list after “I ex SAS” and “I used to do the Middle East”.

Carl Usher:
Some thick [zb] will do it, just so he can brag to anyone who will listen that he’s a fuel tanker driver. It’s 3rd in bragging list after “I ex SAS” and “I used to do the Middle East”.

And missing THAT ferry by 10 minutes :grimacing:

Conan the Librarian:

Carl Usher:
Some thick [zb] will do it, just so he can brag to anyone who will listen that he’s a fuel tanker driver. It’s 3rd in bragging list after “I ex SAS” and “I used to do the Middle East”.

And missing THAT ferry by 10 minutes :grimacing:

you missed off the world famous eaton twin splitter too :grimacing:

Carl Usher:

Don’t say that. Juddian will feel left out!

Only a guess but think this could be a job for a tanker driver that uplifts fuel from garages that are about to undergo a refit or tanks with contaminated fuel.

Talking to a driver before Christmas he had a 44t trailer with a sleeper cab and was picking up from 4 sites over three days then tipping somewhere and having the weekend off. He said the wages weren’t great but he got allowances that made it up a bit.

Re the Tanker Driver wages I’ve been doing agency work since October and its been between £16 & £19 per hour with steady work up till last week.

The other comments made me smile so I just thought I would add that I am a Fuel Tanker Driver however,

I am not ex SAS, I have not done the Middle East, I have had the pleasure of the world famous Eaton Twin Splitter and I have missed the odd ferry (of course by 10 minutes).

Pimpdaddy:
It’s a zb’tty agency advertising so take it with a pinch of salt, half the info in that ad could be wrong for all we know. Ok so it might be zb money to start but it’s an opportunity to get your foot in the door, get your experience then later move on as you make your contacts[emoji6]

Don’t shout it to loud. This may be your way in…

ADR Licence (to cover hazardous materials in tanks)

No mention of class required i.e 2.1 gases or class 3 liquids & no requirements of refinery induction makes me think this collecting and delivering used oil from garage.

the nodding donkey:
Don’t shout it to loud. This may be your way in…

Nooooo don’t be silly, carrot pickers need not apply :laughing::mrgreen: