I think I've made a big mistake

having failed a test on gears I know how you feel :frowning: my instructor took me round and round the trading est just going up and down the box until I got it . the secret as has been said already is take your time . good luck :slight_smile:

instantKarma:
Do a bit of role playing and sit in a chair and go through the gears. Imagine being at a junction, roundabout etc. May sound daft but it may help you take your mind off the negative.

This is good advice. I used to do this when I was having my car driving lessons. Really helped.

Thanx everyone for the support , I’m not going into it to fail but I’ve got to be realistic . Won’t b doing it in a manual next time if I do blow it though

jeffeddie:
Thanx everyone for the support , I’m not going into it to fail but I’ve got to be realistic . Won’t b doing it in a manual next time if I do blow it though

Think of it as practice as you will see manual gearboxes in the field and you will not have someone next to you to help you out. They aren’t something to be scared off though, you just need to know how they function. Chin up man.

I passed my test wens just gone. I chose to do it in a manual gears tricky at first but keep at it.

Fingers crossed for Jeffeddie, Good luck

I struggled with the gears when I did my class C, so much on day 3, I couldn’t finish the lesson, because I was getting stressed over it. Managed to go back on day 4 which went slightly better, ended up passing first time with 5 minors. I found in the end learning what gear to approach roundabouts etc in helped and saying to myself I’m in such an such a gear. Also don’t know what box your using, but I remember high ratios switch is high (Up), low switch is low. Good luck for tomorrow

pepsifarr:
I struggled with the gears when I did my class C, so much on day 3, I couldn’t finish the lesson, because I was getting stressed over it. Managed to go back on day 4 which went slightly better, ended up passing first time with 5 minors. I found in the end learning what gear to approach roundabouts etc in helped and saying to myself I’m in such an such a gear. Also don’t know what box your using, but I remember high ratios switch is high (Up), low switch is low. Good luck for tomorrow

good result for having so much trouble with gears, how do you find Auto driving ?

I would totally agree with Endgame once you’re mentally strong you can survive anything. Trust me. Take a min and read my story :neutral_face:

Circumstances were different so the class of vehicle was. When I first time took on my cat B test some 6 years ago or so I was desperate to pass first time. That time back home (Poland) examiners were against you so it was like a battle. Battle that very few walked way victorious first time. Despite my confidence and overall good preparation at the end of test my nerves were wrecked. The test was by far most stressful thing I’ve ever had to do in my life. Nowadays when I think of that day I can still see that dull autumn day and the traps the examiner set up for me. On top of that I was shouted at and pushed to the limit so much that my legs began to shake so I stalled once. I was that stressed that when I was finally given a positive result (yes I made it, I won the battle) after being given a lesson about my attitude (in a rather rude way) I walked out the test centre to catch a bus and I was so lost that I walked to the next bus stop while having one just outside the building lol.

Just keep your head up mate and you will be fine.