I phone connection to volvo radio

Wonder if anyone can help ■■
i have recently taken charge of a new fh with a usb port on the dash but for some reason i can’t get the i phone to connect whilst in i pod mode. Does anyone know if it does not work with the i phone and only an i pod or am i doing something wrong ?

Mine was the same my ipod works fine but when I plugged an iphone in ‘unsupported usb’ comes up. Perhaps the iphone is just far too advanced :grimacing:

iPhone should connect through bluetooth settings on the stereo press menu on stereo then just scroll down in menu …the control on the steering wheel will only control some iPods and not the iPhone …basically the usb connection for a iPhone is useless …just get a lead that has like a headphone socket either end 1 end plug into the socket near the usb then other in into headphone socket on the phone

To get the music to play through the radio, you need a jack plug lead connected to the aux socket on the dash, and the small socket top left on your iphone. As has been said, iphone does not want to know on usb for some reason, all you get is “unsupported usb device” message on radio screen.

Yeah, as others have said, USB port only charges the iPhone but u need to get an AUX lead. I got mine from pc world about 6 quid I think it was.

Thanks guys. Aux cable sorted.
Bit of a shame it doesn’t work fully though. Poor show Volvo.

turnip:
Thanks guys. Aux cable sorted.
Bit of a shame it doesn’t work fully though. Poor show Volvo.

where is the AUX port in volvos? i couldnt find one?

do new MANs have AUX port?

my Renault has both the usb and aux connections , I get unsupported device with both the iphone and ipod touch on usb , but they work fine just using the aux !!

I think it just works with older ipods !!

( I’m assuming the Renault & Volvo’s use the same radios)

It’s probably a software thing., the radio was speced before these new Apple things came out. I had a similar thing with a Parrot system, it was a couple of years old and wouldn’t reconise my new phone. But going onto the Parrot Website allowed me to update the software.
So it mght be worth finding out the make and model of the radio and see if you can get a software update. On the old Series 2 Volvo’s it was a Delco system.