I-phone charger (24v)

I have recently bought three supposedly 24v chargers off eBay none of which worked properly. The last time I went mad and bought two at the massively inflated price of £1.30 each with free postage. One works fine and dandy in my van (12v) but not in the wagon (24v). Any suggestions please ?

get an inverter and use the mains charger :wink:

or, you could stop being a tight git and buy a proper one from a mobile phone shop :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I bought 2 and for some reason when I plug it in ( 05 daf xf ) it takes a few minutes before you hear the charge sound , and lately it keeps showing a yellow triangle symbol saying accessory not compatible ? When I plugged it in a Stralis the charge symbol was showing on the battery but the charge % wasn’t going up :confused:

That’s right Smogie just what I found. Very mysterious that the same charger on 12v is fine.

I think you will find the iPhone will only charge on 12v.

I have had the iPhone 4 & now have the 5 and neither will charge on 24v so I just plug into 12v or use a small inverter to charge.

I had it plugged in the 24v all last week and it was working fine , come this week I just get the triangle saying not compatible , what use are the 12v I don’t know anything that fits in them :confused:

iPhones & iPads can be a bit temperamental on 24 volt ! I charge my phone on a 12v socket but the iPad needs my inverter to charge it !

Tarmac duck:
I have recently bought three supposedly 24v chargers off eBay none of which worked properly. The last time I went mad and bought two at the massively inflated price of £1.30 each with free postage. One works fine and dandy in my van (12v) but not in the wagon (24v). Any suggestions please ?

I’ve bought cheap chargers the most expensive charger, never get more than a week.
Last time I bought a charger I got 2 from tescos. They all pack in on 24v.
Get yourself an inverter marlins have them for £20. You may have to order online for a 24v inverter as they usually only stock 12v Instore.

I just use a normal in car charger ? Ill have a look for a 12v see if that works

If your radio has a USB socket, try pluging the iPhone cable into that. Although my radio won’t play music off the iPhone (MEDIA NOT SUPPORTED :unamused: ) it charges the phone up a treat :grimacing:

thx folk sounds like i am not alone. your right Big Joe i can charge via radio and usb but it is dead slow.

One of these would do the job !

sharman-multicom.co.uk/ROADT … KET.2.html

Aren’t the batteries 12v connected in series to make 24v? Is it not possible to run a wire from + & - terminal of one 12v battery with an inline fuse and wire it up to your charger port for permanent 12v source?

simple Don’t buy an I diot Phone :unamused:

nick2008:
simple Don’t buy an I diot Phone :unamused:

that would be too sensible :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just get a USB 24v ■■■ lighter jobbie off eBay. About £1.50. First one lasted about 6 months, second still going strong after a year

Since last weeks iPhone upgrade I get charger not supported but it still works fine plugged into 24v and it’s a USB not a old style ciggy lighter job

malcolmj:
0Since last weeks iPhone upgrade I get charger not supported but it still works fine plugged into 24v and it’s a USB not a old style ciggy lighter job

The 12v socket in the merc does my i-phone also works when plugged into the BMW, don’t fancy frying it with the 24v socket as I did with my DVD player :blush: :blush: :blush:

This maybe nonsense but by any chance are they iPod chargers and not phone chargers?
I recently lost my I phone 4s mains charger and tried to charge with my iPod mains charger. Plugs in grand to phone but won’t charge it. Maybe the same with the car chargers?

kitbuilder123:
This maybe nonsense but by any chance are they iPod chargers and not phone chargers?
I recently lost my I phone 4s mains charger and tried to charge with my iPod mains charger. Plugs in grand to phone but won’t charge it. Maybe the same with the car chargers?

I think they are all the same apart from the new lightning port on the iPhone 5 and newer (I think) , so I would imagine it doesn’t make any difference but Ill let a whizz kid answer that lol