I Passed Today. :-)

Hi all, just wanted to update that I passed my test today.

Car to CE, with Data Academy on Scudamore Road. I had Eddie train me, couldn’t fault the training or anyone at Data Academy. :smiley: I declined the photo at the end of the day, but I trained in 06 and passed in 07, same model trucks however. 08 Is of course a DAF XF.

I was a bit apprehensive about the route I’d get, but we were going in tight junctions & chicanes on my training. So was well prepared of course as the examiner had me exit the Flying Horse Rondabout and told me to follow signs to the M1 Northbound I knew I had Loughborough route. :smiley:

I got two minor driving faults. I observed a pedestrian light had been pressed and hesitantly proceeded forward and then hit the brakes harshly. The second mark was for hesitation, I waited for a car that appeared to be coming down quickly but wasn’t that fast in reality, the turn on to Forest Road from Park Road, near the Loughborough Medivets (which said Porsche turned into.)

Chuffed about passing, I will probably seek a C1 or C job as it’ll be difficult to find employment straight into CE and I don’t want to sit on my backside not using my new found qualification. :grimacing:

pass ce.png
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

Congratulations.

That sounds like not a bad strategy. With CE done and dusted you won’t be making any return visits to the test centre any time soon, which is always nice.

Good news! [emoji16]
But I wouldn’t limit yourself, it’s good that you’re willing to consider C1 or C but there is every chance of you landing a CE job. Good luck

Big Congrats on passing.

I passed Car 2 CE in June.
Best advice I could give is…

1. Register with EVERY agency you can find, use job adverts to identify Agencys & Recruitment organisations.
  2. Update your profile on the Job Apps (Indeed, Total, Reed & CV-Library).
  3. Scan the Job Apps everyday and apply for everything that does specify 'Experience REQUIRED".
  4. Create a folder on your phone containing you CV, P60 & photo/scans of your Birth certificate, Passport & (Front/Back) of all three driver Cards.
    You’ll be asked to email them a lot, so having them ready to go creates a good impression.
  5. Be flexible, be prepared to fullfil evening, night and weekend shifts at ZERO notice.

That’s what I did & 3 months after passing. I’m now working full time doing Class 1 night trunking.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, I’m with an agency at the moment.

Currently in a Class 2 job delivering refridgerated cages to stores. Just done my week with another driver, which seemed to just be happy to have someone to help him finish work quicker. And use the multi-manning for rests.

A lot of manual labour, but we literally drop the cages and go. And on the last couple of drops return some empties.