I need to borrow an old truck

Confused? read on…

I get married on the 4th June this year in Wakefield, and my intended’s mode of transport is a 68 MK2 Jaguar V12.

Now as I have been around trucks for nearly all of my life, and indeed have done the Trans Pennine once, I would like as my mode of transport, a vintage truck that I can take me and my best man to the venue. Now the journey is not that far, actually it’s around 2 miles, but this is something that I am asking you guys to help me achieve.

We start at J40 on the M1 for the journey into town, so It needs to have 2 seats for me and my best man, be clean inside as we will have the full wedding regalia on, and upon getting to the venue, I will relinquish it back to it’s owner to take back home. So it’s not far.

Ideally I would love an Atki Borderer, but as long as it has a proper gearbox and not a fancy modern auto, then great. (I cut my teeth on double de-clutching and twin splitters…lol.)

Can you help me?

Ken.

The very best looking Vintage Lorry in that Area is Ken Taylor’s. He’s from Huddesfield. But I’m not very sure if he would just lend it out. It is a real eye catcher though.

Try this lad John Murphy he has quite a few vehicles also yankie cars— email maybachmd870@yahoo.com this is his latest motor twin seat in passenger side.Check his flickr site

I got married on the 4th June…56 years ago. :frowning: Don’t do it lad.
But if you do go ahead I’ll buy some confetti in Dewsbury, put my old overalls on, get most of the oil and grease off my cap…and come and form a “guard of honour” :smiley:

i though you might have responded in the yorkshire fashion to the 4th word in the thread title brian . but seeing as it’s a special occasion i see you left that without comment , your’e and old softie really . i’m a bit behind you , 53 years in september and i feel the weight of every one of them . dave

Buxton Tankers on Cliffe Lane Crigglestone have a fully restored Atkinson Borderer 8 Wheeler tipper might be worth a call?

rigsby:
i though you might have responded in the yorkshire fashion to the 4th word in the thread title brian . but seeing as it’s a special occasion i see you left that without comment , your’e and old softie really . i’m a bit behind you , 53 years in september and i feel the weight of every one of them . dave

Ah, he’s a young fella, he’s not wise in the ways of a Yorkshireman. I did notice it but I thought best not to mention it. :smiley: