I need some advice

it’s good to have ambition and enthusiasm :sunglasses: keep going Jonny, but as others have said - lose the txt speak, get some experience, working in a haulage company would be good, get your licence as soon as you can and then spend a few years driving , get some more experience and contacts then one day you will be ready to own your own trucks ! don’t rush and don’t go straight in with big plans, start small and slowly grow the business!

Best of Luck,

yeah thanks thats true yes i should go work for a company for a few years hopefully i’ll be able to go into a company once i have passed my test and if i can i’ll do my cpc when i get the chance to because i have been told that i can take it now

jonnytruckfest:
lol i no about that lol n i no it aint just scanias and all that lol everyone keeps tellin me all the bad things about it and i have to business studies and geography and i shud be going to do business finance and mechanics when i go to college also i no i need 60k lol which is y im gunna save up quite a bit lol if i get permanent job in finance office at saint gobain then hopefully ill just be 2-3 years in there then ill be able to do that stuff

If you can save £60k in three years, fresh out of school/college then stick with St Gobain young man, if you want to play at lorries, spend some of your savings on a blinged up Scania & go to all the truck shows.

Johnnytruckfest,

why are you in finance at St Gobain when they have their own fleet, why not Speak to Chris their TM he likes young boys "sorry Chris :wink: " to see if they have any work. Start by cleaning the trucks at a weekend and progress from there, sounds like you want to fly before you have your first below buckle hairs.

Good luck though!! :wink:

yes thanks very much for that i work in the finance department through no option of my own i wanted to go into the transport office but wasn’t allowed because of me being under 16 and not able to go into the warehouse and i was told by some one there that it is £450 per load but i truely don’t know lol. And also you see i am trying not to speak like im on a kid forum lol thank you all for your information and if you could keep the information coming also if you look on the wanna be section you will see a new topic i have posted on my new plans before becoming an owner driver so if anyone wants to look and tell me what they think that would be great :stuck_out_tongue:

FPMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Im no owner driver by any stretch of the imagination,I know quite a few O/Ds though so have a bit of knowledge of costs etc.I dont envy you lot,but you have my upmost respect.
Before I read ANY of this ,last night Johnny was in the chatroom,telling what he’s gonna do etc,he failed to mention HE WAS 14 :open_mouth:
Anyway the few that were in there and myself told young Johnny exactly pretty much what you guys have said.
He would’nt listen,he knew better than any of us in there,he got a strop on and left. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I just wish young people would just listen to a bit of advice,even im still open to learning and listening to people.
You might be best to just take stock,listen and learn Johnny ,and then you might get somewhere when you leave school. :wink:

No. 1. Go to school, learn spelling, grammar & punctuation, then people can understand what you write, much more clearly.

Driveroneuk:
No. 1. Go to school, learn spelling, grammar & punctuation, then people can understand what you write, much more clearly.

BIG 10/4 on that :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :sunglasses:

lol thanks for that and think that was the first time io went on but i got use to the bad points about bein o/d and well thanks and i know i have more to learn and well i do respect that and yes i finish school next year so when i get my gcse results ill tell you my results and the hopefully people will congratuate me on it lol (if i can get into college) well thanks all for the comments and ive only been on this forum for about a week and i have learnt alot more then i would learn speaking to my mates that think they know lol. :smiley: :laughing:

Good Morning,
Being 18 and a student, and also wanting to get into haulage when I get to 21 or maybe earler with the new leglisation coming in, I can see where you are coming from!! Firstly as the other forum members on here have said I think working hard at school/college for professional qualifications/a trade is important and take the view that its better to have those under your belt now and not need them rather than needing them and not having them 10 years down the line, so take time to get them. As a friend of my family says who is an owner driver, and I travel often with says ‘get your qualifications now lad because theres plenty of time for work and sitting in wagons later!!’ , and its very true because our generation will be working for a long time to come by the looks of things!! I would also say get as much experience of the industry as possible, as it shows you how it is, espiecially as an owner driver or in a traffic office, and also espiecially getting some experience with an owner driver can show you the 4am starts and the general hassle and grief, that everyone has to do and put up with. But at the same time experience of a transport firm would also be invaluable, and something I hope to get. I know you’re probably thinking getting this experience is probably easier said than done and I agree but, good manners, a positive attitude and a sense of humour, and overall a willingness to learn and get stuck in will go a long way in my experience so far!! Apologies for such a long post but just wanted to let you know my thoughts on the matter and give a bit of hopefully constructive advice, after I came across the site while on the net.
Hope this helps and Many Thanks

One very important bit of advise.
Don’t wear your hoody when taking your test. It makes the blindspot thing a bit harder and you might scare the examiner. :laughing:

Hi m8, I is not experienced at dis sorta ting innit.
:wink:

First, learn to read & write properly and stop daydreaming all day about Truckfest.

Then introduce yourself to the local haulage companies, spend your time on a saturday morning washing the trucks, making tea and sweeping up in the warehouse. The drivers will show you the ropes, and the grease bucket. :open_mouth:

You might even earn some extra money for alcopops :stuck_out_tongue:

You will need some qualifications, Maths and English for a start as well as Computers. Do some practical stuff like Physics or Metalwork (do they still call it that?)

I think it was mentioned that the Young Driver Scheme would be obsolete by the time you are old enough but you could start making enquiries about the new Driver CPC.

Now run along now and show your careers teacher this link;
I want to be a proper little trucker

BYKT :smiley: