I need help from woodworking/joiner/carpenter type people

Here’s the problem : Recently bought my Old Dear a new metal framed bed because she wanted free space underneath it to put stuff (rather than a divan with drawers :unamused: ). Anyway, turns out now that this is causing her major problems because it’s too heavy for her to pull it out when the bedding needs changing etc.

What the bed needs is some wheels on the ends of the (tubular) legs, but they are metal and hollow and currently have plastic feet/insert thingies on. Now I thought that this would be a piece of ■■■■ to sort out, just bell up a woodwork type person, tell him the problem and the dimensions needed and voila he’d knock me up some tubular bits of wood to fit snugly in the legs, stick some castors on the bottom, job done! But no, all I’m getting is that inward sucking noise when you call someone out to fix your broken washing machine. Apparently you can’t “make” tubular shape wood, it can only be square. Square is no good because the hole is round, so needs to be round to fill it so it don’t wobble about.

Someone must be able to make these for me. Anyone have any ideas please? :confused:

Rob K:
Someone must be able to make these for me. Anyone have any ideas please? :confused:

1. Put her in a home, Simpson style.

2. toolstation.com/shop/p43788

Wheel Nut:

Rob K:

1. Put her in a home, Simpson style.

2. toolstation.com/shop/p43788

Don’t think you’ve grasped the problem Malc. Try reading it again! :bulb:

You could buy 4 skateboards and place old dears bed on top of them,or measure the outside diameter of the metal tubing then go to your local DIY emporium and buy a length of round timber drill out the ends and insert a castor from tool station as in the pictures job done.

alamcculloch:
You could buy 4 skateboards and place old dears bed on top of them,or measure the outside diameter of the metal tubing then go to your local DIY emporium and buy a length of round timber drill out the ends and insert a castor from tool station as in the pictures job done.

The diameter of the wood cylinder needs to be 46mm. You won’t find that in any DIY store or wood yard for that matter. Been told I need someone with a wood lathe to do it.

hiya rob, thats not a problem what you want. infact its so easy for me to do.

pm sent.

Hope you don’t get probs with the injectors :laughing: