I need experience on Class 1

Ive had my class 1 & 2 licence for a while now but only recently started using it.
I have spent the last 3 years driving class2 but now I really want to step up and use my class 1. My concern is that I have forgotten everything that I was taught concerning class 1…something which is actually putting me off applying for jobs.
Are employers willing to retrain or am i wasting my time ?
I feel a bit of a d**k asking this question but any advice on how I can get round this would be greatly apprecitaed.
Thanks in advance

Might be worth taking an hour or 2 refresher course with your local trainer…It’ll all come back to you i’m sure…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You are not a d…k for asking a question , notice the response you got, nobody slagged you off, TNUK is a drivers forum, let’s hope that there are still some out there , that want to help out .
But judging by the poor behaviour and poor driving of some drivers , I think not .
Lorries tailgating a car in average speed camera road works , should lose their license on the spot and hitch home .
Its I am alright Jack now , sod everyone else

Book an assessment with local trainer or couple hours if you really want

If by your username your in the midlands could try Westgate training in Aldridge or CTT in foxes lane Wolverhampton.

Should only need a morning to get back into it

I just thought that you should be honest with people/employers, and got on with it…

By that I mean go see a couple of potential employers & see what they say first.
They may take you on straight away and put you with a regular driver for the first few days…
You could be wasting your money pal! :wink:

Evil8Beezle:
I just thought that you should be honest with people/employers, and got on with it…

By that I mean go see a couple of potential employers & see what they say first.
They may take you on straight away and put you with a regular driver for the first few days…

Spot on advice don’t waste your time with a training company knock on doors when your a newbie like said will stick you with another driver

Turn n Burn:

Evil8Beezle:

Spot on advice don’t waste your time with a training company knock on doors when your a newbie like said will stick you with another driver

Not alway placed with another driver I never was handed the keys to lorry then go

But animal, did you say like the OP that you felt like you needed a refresher? I doubt it! :laughing:
You just grabbed the keys and limped to the truck, or was that me? :open_mouth:

Evil8Beezle:
But animal, did you say like the OP that you felt like you needed a refresher? I doubt it! :laughing:
You just grabbed the keys and limped to the truck, or was that me? :open_mouth:

Didn’t have to limp at all was a full time permanent job

It’s understandable worrying about having a trailer mate.

Put it behind you.

eagerbeaver:
It’s understandable worrying about having a trailer mate.

Put it behind you.

That’s where that joke should be mate! :wink: