I need a bit of expert advice!

Last week we had the topic of that ■■■ in an 8 wheeler going ell for leather through a flood. Now here is my dilemma… Today I did a days driving for a Well known Bed company, and the driver whom I shared duties with, smoked like a trooper - in the cab. I am a non smoker and to be blunt detest the idea of going home smelling of stale cigs. Now am I wrong, but wasnt this banned some months ago? Alas in my sojorn as an agency driver, I have had to occasionally drive for them and out of the 8 previous times only 1 of these didnt smoke. My dilemma is this, should I report the matter to the management - again, or do I go silent?

:open_mouth: your agency so ■■■■ it up :smiley:

Yes it was outlawed but TBH, it wasn’t needed. You’re the driver, tell the bloke to put his ■■■ out. Saying that though, if they have their side window open an inch, it usually ■■■■■ the smoke out.

Chewyboy:
:shock: your agency so ■■■■ it up :smiley:

Many agency drivers are more competent than the dumbasses who’ve been in the same job for years on end.

Cheers Connor, I would certainly agree with your point. A high proportion of their drivers carry licences which enable the domestic home delivery vehicles to be driven under Grandfather rights, where as I have a class 1!

Conor:

Chewyboy:
:shock: your agency so ■■■■ it up :smiley:

Many agency drivers are more competent than the dumbasses who’ve been in the same job for years on end.

Hear Hear.! Grass the son of a gun :stuck_out_tongue: I have worked with guys who smoke.Its also nice of them to ask is it ok if i smoke. :open_mouth:

i got pulled up the other week for leaving cab with ■■■ ash all over dash,told it was totally uneceptable to leave it like that for the next driver, and also i was breaking the law by smocking in the cab full stop.take it as a warning.
amazing when you dont even smoke :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Gave one of our drivers a lift to merctrucks in leicester the other week .Said to him “mind if i smoke” no he says so i puff away window open sunroof open(blows straight through) drops him off and goes to tip.An hour later message "can you pick dave up when your tipped trucks not ready"ok…First thing he does when he gets in cab yeah you,ve guessed lights up “i,ve been cutting down” could of told me that whilst i was freezing my nuts off for my nicotine hit!!!.So no i would’nt force my bad habits on someone else. :smiley:

I smoke over 20 a day, yet allways ask if thers someone in my cab, and it is where i live all week, if they mind if i puff away. Dont smoke with my kids in the car, so its only common courtesy to ask with adults too.

You are in control - smokers do not do it when i am driving as its very distracting to me - it irritates my eyes -
no smoking is the law - not the rule
cheers
Steve

If you turn up and the truck stinks of ■■■■ make a complaint there and then before you start driving it once you put it in gear your wasting your time. Mark it on the defect sheet - " Cab stinks of ■■■■"

Id speak to the guy first, give him a chance to see your point of view. If he is still a ignorant twonk then either put in a complaint(but remember nobody likes a grass) also remember a lot of these firms are like a family and they see agency as outsiders so it may be the last time you’ll be on for them. Or just do it the old fashioned way and kick his head in :grimacing:

I got a new night guy last year, told him straight no smoking in the unit. No comprise , no threats , no argument just a good firm tone done the job :laughing: