I might look stupid

Never happened to me before…

Was parked in a layby catching a 15 break when a guy with a very thick Irish accent appeared,

“Excuse me but my van is nearly out of diesel, can I give you a fiver & have some of yours?”

“Sorry mate” says I “no can do, I’ve hardly got any myself & anyway you’ve just driven past a garage half a mile down the road… why not nip back?”

I think the phrase he used ended in “off” but can’t be sure!

If you know the Saltbox cafe, Hatton then you will also know the spot garage next to the Kestrel pub… I mean if you’re gonna try a scam at least try it out of sight of a garage (which I could see in my mirrors).

You get the diddycoys on the A1 near South Elmsall doing the same. I’ve never accepted their generous offer but I’ve been told that they can empty a tank in about 30 seconds, must use a pump from a jumbo jet :open_mouth:

penfold:
You get the diddycoys on the A1 near South Elmsall doing the same. I’ve never accepted their generous offer but I’ve been told that they can empty a tank in about 30 seconds, must use a pump from a jumbo jet :open_mouth:

If these are the same, then he will use a dark green pug 406 if so note down the reg and call WEST Yorkshire police who are very interested in speaking to this gentleman.
Cheers

i had someone ask me that in clackett lane services once, i pinted out the garage, which he then gave me some choice words, and managed o get some of a german trucker

Yip had this many years ago when i was a lowly 7.5t driver ,
up at ST Andrews ,being a guy who will try help anyone out i was almost going to give them some when another ,much wiser driver told them to “[zb] of and leave the boy(me) alone” and put me wise to the scam !

language edit: If it needs stars to get past the auto censor you know it’s not allowed …Denis F

Tell him to catch me at the pump and ill fill his can for him it means more Esso tokens for me !!!.

You’re friendly Irish friend will more than likely be with that lot that have set up camp just off the 50 .

jammymutt:
Tell him to catch me at the pump and ill fill his can for him it means more Esso tokens for me !!!.

exactely what I said to one…

also helps having these bloody anti syphon…

sorry mate, cant get diesel out without damaging me tank. :wink:

Had this a few times at various places, I just tell them the tanks fitted with an anti syphon device even that it has not and they soon leave you alone.

freek:
Had this a few times at various places, I just tell them the tanks fitted with an anti syphon device even that it has not and they soon leave you alone.

Don’t tell them that if you are stopping overnight. They’ll just come back with a hollow spike and use a jack to stick it through the bottom of your tank. They’ll then take what they want and let the rest drain away.

Not a good idea those anti syphon things, could end up costing a lot more than a bit of diesel.