I met this girl

Whilst out having a few beers I got chatting to a rather nice woman. She was very posh and seemed really keen on meeting up for a date next weekend but I told her that unfortunately I was working.

I told her I was away on a business trip to Europe and asked if she fancied accompanying myself, it wouldn’t cost her anything as I was driving the Mercedes down there and the accomadation wouldn’t be a problem at all. Great she replied all excited, I can’t wait, I’ll buy something nice for the weekend.

Well I wasn’t telling any lies … :stuck_out_tongue:

That old chestnut

It was in an old T&D mag years back …thought it was quite funny :laughing:

…well makes a change from all the whining and moaning :slight_smile:

So did you? :slight_smile:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiley:

Haha, funny! Be sure to point out how many hp your Mercedes have, next time. :smiley:

markoc:
Whilst out having a few beers I got chatting to a rather nice woman. She was very posh and seemed really keen on meeting up for a date next weekend but I told her that unfortunately I was working.

I told her I was away on a business trip to Europe and asked if she fancied accompanying myself, it wouldn’t cost her anything as I was driving the Mercedes down there and the accomadation wouldn’t be a problem at all. Great she replied all excited, I can’t wait, I’ll buy something nice for the weekend.

Well I wasn’t telling any lies … :stuck_out_tongue:

Let us know how you get on :unamused:

I was a trailermate for David “tiddy” Garnham the wood merchant from Diss in the late 60’s. We were pulling steel for BICC onto fields for a pylon line and were sent to Cleethorpes to help them out on another job and the driver of the Matador was a right character called Ray who chatted up one of the girls in Woolies, got her address and told her he would pick her up that night in his “red mini”. I can’t remember the result, but wish I’d been there when he rolled up. On the way home we picked up 2 yankee girls hitch hiking on the A1 / A17 at Newark and dropped them off on the A52. Now that was a cosy way to travel. One of them ended up on Ray’s lap steering - can’t remember where his hands were, but I do remember the other was very friendly and they tried to get us to run up to Skeggy with them. The pulling power of an AEC Matador eh! Well it did have a Duramin Cab. Jim