I Kant reed an I karnt rite but i can toon in 2 radeo too

Yesterday on Vine, there was an article about not being able to read or write. Mr Vine kept using “truckers” as an example of people who might be “blagging” it because they more than likely can’t read road signs. Is this really middle Englands view of us? No doubt Vines view of us is down to that northern monkey that keeps coming on the Vine show to represent us … the one who says “I blame the tippers” and “the cyclist deserved it”

Good grief :unamused:

Jeremy Vine is unfortunately a sanctimonious little moron with a chip on his shoulder. He probably hates truckers because he was once turned down by one whilst visiting a public loo. Whenever he is on the radio I find another channel to listen to, the same when Vanessa ( I love the sound of my own voice) Feltz is on.

Radio2 used to be great, now it’s purely aimed at middle class women who husbands work in the city and children are called Tarquin and Giles! Vine is a nice fella who has got no concept of real life, I can’t stand listening to him.

Vine got that job by false representation, he certainly isn’t a DJ and his journalistic ethics are often called into question. He lives in a bubble close to the stockbroker belt in Surrey.

He does seem to be a rather patronising presenter and his choice of mouth pieces is sadly limited.

He is slimy and it isn’t certain whether his parents are married, so that makes him a slimy ■■■■■■■■

I wish I could put my thoughts into words better but I didn’t get no edukation.

JY would wipe the floor with him! They’ve totally destroyed that show.

We don’t need no education
We don`t need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers …

Judging by some of the posts on this forum Mr Vine could be correct.Did you not think of that before spouting venom?

peirre:
Teachers …

Actually, you do … those are double negatives. :laughing:

One of the things I really, really dislike about being a lorry driver in this country is the fact that everyone assumes I’m thick. Well, I’m not one to show off, but I have four A levels, a 2:i honours degree and a postgraduate degree in a “proper” scientific subject. (This is not at all to devalue anyone who doesn’t have an academic background, by the way.) I read a lot and can take an intelligent interest in a wide range of subjects, often listening to Radio 4 for hours at a time. As I say, it really ■■■■■■ me off when people assume I’m some knuckle dragging neanderthal just because I hold an HGV licence.

I cannot read, and i cannot write, but i can drive a tractor…there, is that better Tarquin ? We spout at Vine because he is absolutely biased, and like yourself, knows nothing about the industry, all Vine wants to do is to create a program, that he knows will bring him big votes, just to please his bosses, which at the end of the day is us licence payers. There have been times when i have enjoyed radio 2, but it was a lot better when J.Y. was at the helm, and the DJ`s from that era also. Like someone said earlier, you have Vanessa ( i love my own voice ) Feltz also Steve ( i love my own voice better ) Wright. The best thing recently is the Chris Evans Show, and The 5 pm drive time, cos after 7pm radio 2 goes for the middle -upper classes, with the classical ■■■■, apart from the odd day when theres blues+ country, and WTF is that 90 year old Desmond Carrington all about, its ok for him, hes up in Scotland, at doesnt leave his armchair for the broadcast.

Rhythm Thief:

peirre:
Teachers …

Actually, you do … those are double negatives. :laughing:

One of the things I really, really dislike about being a lorry driver in this country is the fact that everyone assumes I’m thick. Well, I’m not one to show off, but I have four A levels, a 2:i honours degree and a postgraduate degree in a “proper” scientific subject. (This is not at all to devalue anyone who doesn’t have an academic background, by the way.) I read a lot and can take an intelligent interest in a wide range of subjects, often listening to Radio 4 for hours at a time. As I say, it really ■■■■■■ me off when people assume I’m some knuckle dragging neanderthal just because I hold an HGV licence.

I too am well educated with a degree. “Why am I driving then?” I hear people ask. Well, I completely lost interest in & didn’t enjoy doing what I am supposedly qualified for (computer programming) and kind of ended up driving because I fancied giving it a go. Still enjoy it to this day and as long as I do (and am financially OK) will continue doing. I may well end up doing something different one day.

I have spoken to many an interesting & intelligent driver, many with a back history of work in other professions. However, I do come across far more numpties I often have to cut my conversation short with, these are usually the scruffy ■■■■■■■■ as well who let down our image. Unless your working with dirt there is no excuse not present yourself in a clean, smart manner on clients premises. First impressions & all that…

One of the things I really, really dislike about being a lorry driver in this country is the fact that everyone assumes I’m thick.

I know the feeling and as time has gone on it seems to get worse.I am lucky enough to remember when truck drivers were generally accepted as decent people.
Unfortunately these days seem to have long gone.

Ahhh… The Jeremy Vine show, 2 hours of radio for the mentally challenged!!!

What annoys the [zb] out of me about his “show” (using the word sarcastically) is that he’ll pick a serious topic (occasionally) to discuss and one one side of the argument he’ll have a clearly intelligent expert on the subject, who’s studied his subject, knows his beans to a point (almost) of obsession…in short an expert!

And to counter this, some jumped up [zb] of a moron journalist who couldn’t even engage an individual in conversation about anything without the need to shout…and the JV allows him to bellow over the top of the expert working on the principle that shouting wins the argument…

Based on that premise Mr JV … YOUR SHOW’S CRAP!!! :grimacing:

long live voip isdn and the other one and Des
the concept is a show based on a theme could be anything
Bob Dylan had a similar thing on 6 music

hands off Des his days are numbered

I know my spelling and grammar can be rubbish,but i see many posts where lorries are spelt as lorrys.
Batteries as batterys.
Their as there all the posts.
Agencies as agencys.
As JV R2,can somebody get rid of that Welsh idiot that updates the world about his allotment garden.
I had Radio Berkshire on today,a pleasant change with Anne Diamond,who was a breakfast tv presenter and an ex Radio One presenter from the 90 's whose name i have forgot.

Vine hates lorrys and the people who drive them so his view of us is biased anyway.

mikeshe:
Jeremy Vine is unfortunately a sanctimonious little moron with a chip on his shoulder. He probably hates truckers because he was once turned down by one whilst visiting a public loo. Whenever he is on the radio I find another channel to listen to, the same when Vanessa ( I love the sound of my own voice) Feltz is on.

so glad somebody agrees with me about feltz,that woman can talk for england with maybe the odd song thrown in,and if she gets another woman on you can forget anything for at least 10 to 15 min as they talk about women things

Rhythm Thief:
… but I have four A levels, a 2:i honours degree and a postgraduate degree in a “proper” scientific subject. …
… …can take an intelligent interest in a wide range of subjects, often listening to Radio 4 for hours at a time.

I’ve got all of that too, but I can’t stand Radio 4 for nearly that long. How do you do it? :wink:

wilbur:

Rhythm Thief:
… but I have four A levels, a 2:i honours degree and a postgraduate degree in a “proper” scientific subject. …
… …can take an intelligent interest in a wide range of subjects, often listening to Radio 4 for hours at a time.

I’ve got all of that too, but I can’t stand Radio 4 for nearly that long. How do you do it? :wink:

You must have other channels on your radio,as well as all your qualifications. :wink:

Rhythm Thief:
One of the things I really, really dislike about being a lorry driver in this country is the fact that everyone assumes I’m thick.

It doesn’t worry me, I use it to my advantage, I drive a truck and come from Norfolk, so I can put on a real yokel accent. Then people assume I’m really thick and that’s when you can get the upper hand when thier guard is down.

Endless fun and great sport. :laughing:

scotstrucker:
Vine hates lorrys and the people who drive them so his view of us is biased anyway.

He does seem to have a problem with truck drivers and lorries or any sort of male working class stereotype.
I do think his brother got the idea for his character on “not going out” from him. :smiley:

Steve Wright talking over the start and end of songs or cuts them short.Then he sings over the tunes.