I have not seen that before!

On Sunday i was driving down a 14 heading towards the services at the roundabout juntion where you can go onto a1 to do a trailor swap…and going down dual carriageway i see a jcb yellow coloured transit van in distance.

my first thought is road maintanence crew…but no as i get closer it says police with speed camera pointing out of hatch in back door :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: . now i didn’t have a problem with it as being a new driver i follow the speed limits religously, but i wonder how many people thought the same as me and got a nasty shock when they realised that it was the police :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

this is the first time i have seen a police van or car that colour before, has anyone else or is it just me :question:

At least you can see it Wayne :exclamation: they hide anywhere here, I was driving a back road last week and out in a field I noticed a clump of bushes with fresh wheel marks in the grass leading to it, on closer examination I could make out two headlights glistening and the sun reflecting off a small piece of the light bar :exclamation:
I only ever got nicked for speeding once and that was in 1974 in Milton Keynes, I saw an MGB on the side with the tailgate up and assumed it had broken down :exclamation: It was a radar trap, I would prfer the yellow van :laughing:

Doesnt surprise me margate as it seems that they will stoop as low as they can in order to nab the speeders…i have no regrets about speeders getting caught…but in reality the police shouldnt have to hide or disguise their vehicles in order to raise their revenue…but as we all know drivers will slow down when they see any resemblance to a police car…what we really need is an overhaul of the speed limits on certain roads, for i feel sure that some of them could be increased, and as you are aware the A14 is notorious for accidents.so something has to be done about that road…i would like to see it upgraded to motorway standard as it is a major route to the M1 M11…that would certainly improve the accident rates there…
have a nice day

I`m sure you won’t believe me for a second, but it was probably painted the british standard colour RAL1016. This has apperently been researched extensively (In europe I hasten to add!!) and is supposedly the colour that the human eye reacts to the quickest. Eventually all ambulances will be this colour instead of white. Not sure if it is something the police are adopting too.

Or alternatively it could be them being a bit sneaky!!

I have to say that I am extremely suspicious of any coloured van parked on a bridge or in a layby as they are trying to find more and more ways of blending into the background :angry: . I have seen them along with reinforcements stationed a few hundred yards up the road :imp: :exclamation:

mart wrote

I`m sure you won’t believe me for a second, but it was probably painted the british standard colour RAL1016. This has apperently been researched extensively (In europe I hasten to add!!) and is supposedly the colour that the human eye reacts to the quickest. Eventually all ambulances will be this colour instead of white. Not sure if it is something the police are adopting too.

Or alternatively it could be them being a bit sneaky!!

i suspect a bit sneaky :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

pat hasler wrote

At least you can see it Wayne

but thats just the point pat, i didn’t realise it was police till i was about 100yds from them, i thought it was motorway maintanence team or something. just took me by surprise thats all never seen police van that colour before :wink: :laughing: :laughing: and i thought to myself ya sneaky gits :wink: :laughing:

Warwickshire Police have a yellow sprinter camera van, based at Coleshill plod shop. Normally its parked in the car park (best place for it!) but I have seen it on the prowl on the A446.

They also have some unmarked white ones - thats nasty.

Calv

In North Yorkshire they have speed vans like this and also a van that is set up to recognise reg plates and it can check if you have a valid tax disc and insurance etc.
If it flags you as a “wrong un” then a copper in a car up the road pulls you over.