I have my class 2 now to get started driving

Well my contract with my old company is up and time to start looking to getting started with this now
what is the best way to get started on HGV work ?
I have done some runs for a few hire company dropping off units for them an going back to yard in a car or van now i want to get some experience in driving
I live in Brentwood essex

if some could give me some pointers please thanks

Dan

Best thing to do is go out round all the companies with vehicles & ask

Or maybe go for your CE as that can open more doors it did for me

Yep knocking on doors is a good start!

My place needs class 2 drivers though the hourly rate isn’t great - multi drop out of Dagenham, and they took me on despite only gaining C/CE this year, although they were the only place I applied to that took my previous professional driving experience (on the buses for 6 years) into account. PM me if you’d like some more info!

If you get any grief about the 2 years malarky, try somewhere that runs 7.5s as well as rigids.

I’d already booked my training when I got on at our place. Boss said he’d got more than enough class 2 drivers on the books.

Started Mid March 2012. Passed my Class 2 in June (first week I could get off to do it) Lo and behold, holiday season kicked in and all of a sudden my class 2 was needed (less than a month after passing)

I’m now the only full time HGV driver on the books. Best motor to boot.

I have been on coach an buses since 2003 so driving a class 2 is more or less smaller then what i am used to driving tri axle coaches
I am going to pop around some places in the morning