I have a complaint about

I thought you might like to here the complaints we as trainers get…other trainers please feel free to add yours as it never ceases to amaze me.

These are all real :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The phone conversation goes like this.

Morning data academy…

Do you own a lorry reg…

Yes thats one of ours (thinking you have read the phone number and the name’s on it… must be intelegent)

Well I want to complain it has made me late for work twice this month

Oh I am sorry to hear that how did we do that

It was going very slow down the road and I could not pass it you shouldn’t be on that road at that time of day

What road is that and what time was it (thinking to myself I know where and when)

The road to Melton at 8.45 you should go later when people are at work going that slow

Was it going as slow as 40 MPH

Yes and I was late ( now you know where this is going don’t you)

I am sorry but that is the legal speed limit for an artic on that road so the driver was actually correct

You should go later it keeps making me late for work

Might I suggest you allow enough time for prevailing traffic conditions to get to work and not let your journey interfere with other peoples lawfull work

(I won’t repeat the rest) This is the shortend version.

The next one I find more amusing.

Usual salutation

I feel I must ring you to complain about the dangerous driving of one of your trucks (those of you who know me know I have a sense of humour, the only problem is gob works before brian sometimes)

Oh bugger there should be a driver in it I must have a word with the truck for leaving them behind (shouldn’t have said that)

(raised voice) it’s not funny my partner and I were nearly killed by this dangerous driving you should teach people better than that (ah she is aware it is a training vehicle)

I do apologise what happened

We were following it when it indicated left and then braked very suddenly and we nearly went into the back of it

(bites tounge) I understand what you are saying but the 2 foot square L plate on the back might give you a clue that a learner may be driving and as such may make a mistake, as I am sure you did when Learning to be the perfect driver you now are, also you told me he was indicating so therefore a clue it may slow down, when you did your test you may have read the highway code and may recall it states something about following at a safe distance. I will have a word with the instructor when he comes in to see if he would like to give you a free refresher.

(I can’t repeat her answer)

The final one bothered me for a moment

Usual salutation

Your trucks just hit my van (thinks don’t say it Rick)

Sorry about that can you tell me the details when where how (thinking surely the instructor would have called me)

Yes it was parked by the garage and hit my van as I turned in

Was our truck pulling away then

No there was no one in it

(I can’t repeat my answer this time but he paid for the damage to our truck lol)

Hope you enjoyed these please add your own it’s good to laugh. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

PMSL :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

At the test station

In the time before the couple/uncouple exercise, a test candidate and the examiner come return to the waiting room after the driving test, then the examiner commences the de-brief…

Examiner: Well Mr x, I’m sorry to tell you that you’ve failed your test for consistent excessive speed, but if it’s any consolation, you now hold the lap record. :grimacing:

Examiner: Well Mr x, I’m sorry to tell you that you’ve failed your test for consistent excessive speed, but if it’s any consolation, you now hold the lap record.

On similar lines, from an examiner this week whilst chatting to an instructor " Had to pass him, pen running out of ink"

Wan’t to believe it was only said for the humour :laughing: :laughing:

Could someone please move this to:

http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48051

as it’s more suited to there.

Not a compaint…

We had a trainee, lovely bloke he is, but as soon as he saw the examiner he went to pieces. He failed his first Cat C test because he’d made a left turn, and forgot to cancel the indicator…hence he approached a jct on the left and a lady driver was waiting to exit this jct, needless to say she didn’t make the maneuver and that coupled with not making progress went against him. He didn’t need further training so went back in for test only, same thing, not making progress…so we took him out, not as a re-train,or charged, more to see where he was going wrong. We couldn’t fault his driving, he followed his LARDA, made good progress, great lane positioning, was great with his forward planning, everything was great… :question: So put him straight back in for re-test only, and failed again…not making progress, undue hesitation… all the while it was nerves, the poor guy just couldn’t stop fretting when he got in the vehicle with the examiner. So…a week later he went back in for another test, this time i went with him, just for observation purposes…and saw it myself, he was a different person when there were no examiners around, he failed again for exactly the same reasons as before.
By now, him and his family were good friends, they came on our Christmas “Do” with us…came round for a family meal in the Christmas week and we returned the visit later that week…we laughed along with him and his family about the fails, none of us could understand it. I took him out again before the new year, and still couldn’t fault him, i’d of happily been a passenger wherever he took me.
He decided to wait a few weeks, took time out to get himself together, his family were beginning to despair he’d ever pass that test, and tension was beginning to creep in, he started to doubt himself. I spent a lot of time with him, boosting his confidence, assuring his family he could do this almost blindfolded…it just came down to the nerves. One day, in February he came into the office for a chat and a coffee. We booked him another test, with strict instruction to not tell his family. :open_mouth: Off he went, with a determined stride about him, he was going to crack it this time…told himself the examiner was just another instructor, wobbled a bit when he saw the big yellow coat but went ahead with complete confidence in himself, and this time he’d got Ann as the examiner again, this was the third time he’d taken a test with her, and he flew through with 4 minors. What a celebration we all had… :smiley: Later that week Ann popped in the office on her way home and said what a pleasure she’d had passing him, what a polite, perservering (SP) guy he was, she took great joy in being the one to say “I’m pleased to inform you you have passed” we were all so made up for him. He came back for his C+E shortly afterwards, he failed his first test for undue hesitation at a roundabout and braking too late at a set of lights, he did a straight re-test and passed with 6 minors, I don’t think there was a dry eye in the office :sunglasses: He soon started a full time class C+E position and has been there ever since. :smiley: :grimacing:

Come on all you trainers you must have some amusing stories you can put into print.

Come on all you trainers you must have some amusing stories you can put into print

Busy with the censor! :laughing: :laughing:

I am not a trainer, but was leaning my class two when when my trainer told me that he as an assessment before i go out at the an assessment the trainee he said, would it be ok for me to lean to drive without a drivers licence as i have always wanted to driver a truck for fun

i was quite surprised as to the trainees answer, why don’t you have a drivers licence then he replied no only for my moped
i saw the add in the paper for a free hgv assessment i thought i like to have a go the trainer said to the man sorry you at least need a provisional licence for the class of vehicle you intend to drive, he said, did not say that in the add just said come and have a go in the big trucks and the man left, all the other trainees where laughing there heads off. :laughing:

but later that week there put in in the add that you will need a provisional licence for the assessment

1 C+E foreign customer came to us for a refresher…so we checked his licence and automatically assumed he meant refresher on his C+E, we took him over to the artic and he bobbed himself…with raised eyebrows we questioned him why he was so nervous, he’d only gained his licence recently, he said" I can’t drive that…i want to practice on the big one" that is the big one we said…no, i mean that one, pointing to the rigid :exclamation: :exclamation: he’d been driving 7.5t and an agency had sent him to work on an artic and he didn’t have a clue how to drive one, and wouldn’t even attempt it :exclamation:

Peter Smythe:

Come on all you trainers you must have some amusing stories you can put into print

Busy with the censor! :laughing: :laughing:

Come on Peter as a trainer you must have loads. Ralph

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome zucc_uk :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
How to post Pics, avatars, using quotes, Driver CPC forum & Tacho & WTD regs forum

Just got back from Peak Truck Show, thawed out and dried off now.

So you want a funny story? This is the shortest one that springs to mind. Many years ago I was training a gent in a DAF 2500 with 40’ box. He was going straight to class 1 as was the norm then. But he was awful, really bad, terrible, scary, talentless, whatever. So the safest place to be was on a long, straight road. I selected a stretch of A614 from Nottingham towards Ollerton. Only a couple of very easy roundabouts, nice wide road and, most importantly, loads of room for other people to avoid us. Being the gentle mannered, polite, professional guy I am, I automatically wanted to break the impending awkward silence with some afirmative comment. So, with the gob being on auto pilot and the brain possibly in neutral, the following statement was made:

“Your’re holding the steering wheel really well”

Desperate or what■■? :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Just got back from Peak Truck Show, thawed out and dried off now.

So you want a funny story? This is the shortest one that springs to mind. Many years ago I was training a gent in a DAF 2500 with 40’ box. He was going straight to class 1 as was the norm then. But he was awful, really bad, terrible, scary, talentless, whatever. So the safest place to be was on a long, straight road. I selected a stretch of A614 from Nottingham towards Ollerton. Only a couple of very easy roundabouts, nice wide road and, most importantly, loads of room for other people to avoid us. Being the gentle mannered, polite, professional guy I am, I automatically wanted to break the impending awkward silence with some afirmative comment. So, with the gob being on auto pilot and the brain possibly in neutral, the following statement was made:

“Your’re holding the steering wheel really well”

Desperate or what■■? :laughing: :laughing:

That’s like looking in a mirror open gob then wish you had thought first lol…must say though that statement is unique :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Another true story:

Me: You really should have kept more of an eye on that cyclist in the left mirror

Trainee: What cyclist

Me: Quite

:laughing: :laughing:

Whilst being shown a new route which I’m doing now as the regular driver had to have his hols we got chatting about drivers in general. He mentioned that a mate of his is a tester for a large supermarket and when we had the influx of Eastern european drivers it was his job to evaluate them before letting them loose in their lorries. He took one lad out and as they were leaving the gates he asked him how long had he had his license for. The reply was utterly amaing(he said) ‘I only bought it a few weeks ago’. Stop the lorry and get out of the cab was the reply of the tester, ‘why, they told us you would teach us to drive’ was the trainees amazed reply.

Paul-H:
Whilst being shown a new route which I’m doing now as the regular driver had to have his hols we got chatting about drivers in general. He mentioned that a mate of his is a tester for a large supermarket and when we had the influx of Eastern european drivers it was his job to evaluate them before letting them loose in their lorries. He took one lad out and as they were leaving the gates he asked him how long had he had his license for. The reply was utterly amaing(he said) ‘I only bought it a few weeks ago’. Stop the lorry and get out of the cab was the reply of the tester, ‘why, they told us you would teach us to drive’ was the trainees amazed reply.

I totally believe this when we had an agency I took an eastern european driver on assessment as we did all new drivers, it took two hundred yards one corner and several failed attemts at changing gear, it was clear that he had never driven anything larger than a car, needless to say his assessment was terminated there and I drove back.

Cornflakes any one…free licence inside.

After practicing reversing I got back into the truck and noticed that the height indicator had been changed to read 19’ 6".
“Did you change that?” I asked.
“Yes”, the pupil replied…“THE DATE WAS WRONG” !!!

mustang:
After practicing reversing I got back into the truck and noticed that the height indicator had been changed to read 19’ 6".
“Did you change that?” I asked.
“Yes”, the pupil replied…“THE DATE WAS WRONG” !!!

OK, I’ll ask it before anyone else does… :wink: :slight_smile:

Was the trainee informed that it was the height indicator before being allowed to drive the vehicle :question:

ROG:
Was the trainee informed that it was the height indicator before being allowed to drive the vehicle :question:

i have always wondered why that bit is not in the test to check the hight maker

cos when you do the trailer swap you have to Imagen its a different trailer
and one think you have to say is that you put the number plate on, so why not to say you checked the hight marker is right as well cos that would IMHO be more inportant then the number plate.