I hate Multi-Manning

I’ve started a new job about 6 weeks ago, and 95% of the work is with another driver. I can’t stand it, the other drivers I work with are so lazy, rude and don’t stop moaning about the job.

I’m the complete opposite, I’m enjoying the job and take my truck driving seriously.

Any advice on how to make things slightly easier?

Sleep a lot

change jobs

I too would be looking for other work.

It suits some drivers to be double manned, but it wouldn’t do for me, i do the job cos i can’t be stuck inside seeing the same miserable bleeders moaning and groaning about the same rubbish day in day out, so buggered if i’m going to be stuck with one in a tin can for up to 12 hours a day.

Presumably you knew double manning was the job when you took it, or are you getting the miserable sod no one else can stand the sight of cos you’re the new lad there.

Doesn’t suit me either I am a terrible passenger. I like to have my own brake pedal!

Stop moaning about the other drivers moaning and look for a job where there is only 1 driver :open_mouth:

Simongrove:
I’ve started a new job about 6 weeks ago, and 95% of the work is with another driver. I can’t stand it, the other drivers I work with are so lazy, rude and don’t stop moaning about the job.

I’m the complete opposite, I’m enjoying the job and take my truck driving seriously.

Any advice on how to make things slightly easier?

Stick radio 2 on and both main about something in common?

Some advice for the OP;
If your co driver has an obsessive subject, try to see how many times his chosen subject can be brought into conversation. For example, one of our agency mates is a smashing bloke, but is obsessed with his brothers’ party hire business. I like to see how many topics return to bouncy castle hire. :smiling_imp: I learned yesterday they own 14 lump hammers. :open_mouth: :laughing:

cav551:
Doesn’t suit me either I am a terrible passenger.

Same here, I hate being in the passenger seat.